Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No more checking on crying babies, toddlers or infants!

by Caigel Posted 6th Jun 2023 at 3:54 PM

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 8:30 PM
This mod is giving me a reason to want to play, again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 7:38 AM
Thank you! It is so agitating when autonomy is disabled, yet sims still do autonomous things!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 5:22 PM
Will this mod also stops sims from autonomously checking on infants even if they are not crying?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2023 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkcookie26
Thank you! It is so agitating when autonomy is disabled, yet sims still do autonomous things!

Quote: Originally posted by mewssister
This mod is giving me a reason to want to play, again.

Thank you for the comments! Glad to hear you think this way too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2023 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Francesrdguez
Will this mod also stops sims from autonomously checking on infants even if they are not crying?

I basically never play with autonomy turned on, so I hadn't even realized sims do that, too. But no, the mod shouldn't stop that, since it removes the "check on emergency" interaction related to being a caregiver of a newborn/infant/toddler. To my understanding this interaction is the only "check on a child" interaction that is autonomously run even with autonomy turned off from game settings.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jun 2023 at 9:10 AM
Can u make a mod that makes the infant feeding time a little longer? i hate the 10 secs and they're done with bottle
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Jun 2023 at 12:58 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jun 2023 at 11:44 PM
Thank you this mod is really helpful! I am wondering if it is possible to make carrying in a baby carrier time longer. I like when my sims go on walks with their infants but they keep taking them out of the carrier or resetting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2023 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by princesszykia
Can u make a mod that makes the infant feeding time a little longer? i hate the 10 secs and they're done with bottle

At the moment I don't plan on making other infant mods
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2023 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dead Dreams
Thank you this mod is really helpful! I am wondering if it is possible to make carrying in a baby carrier time longer. I like when my sims go on walks with their infants but they keep taking them out of the carrier or resetting.

At the moment I don't plan on making other infant mods I also don't have the newest pack yet!
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2023 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by princesszykia

totally agree!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 5:45 AM
I was wondering if you could make an infant mod where you the "Sleepy Infant" moodlet does not ever appear and never makes my infant nap. It is so annoying that despite the motives being full my infants will take naps making it pointless to even keep the motives full. btw no pressure to actually make this I know you don't plan on making infant mods atm
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Sep 2023 at 1:37 AM
Thanks so much!! The check infants thing is so annoying!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 6:06 PM
thank you very much!
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 5:33 AM
Infants are an absolute nightmare. Even newborns are not this bad. Infants keep crying even when ALL their needs are green and they are not cold. They often get a sad "Rest time" moodlet simply for being awake for too long. So who is telling them not to sleep?! Then they wake up and randomly get an angry moodlet. It's infuriating.

I have taken care of actual babies in real life and they are not so difficult to deal with. Every 2 or 3 hours, you need to feed them, burp them and change their nappies. This takes around 30 minutes each time, but after that you are free. They will play and make noises, but they don't cry continuously like in-game infants for no reason.

The actual hard part is that they need this schedule constantly. They don't even sleep more than 3 hours before waking up and crying for milk. So we would normally take rotating shifts taking care of the baby. Normally only 1 person is assigned to look after the baby for a few hours. That's it. Everyone else gets on with their lives. In the game, whenever the baby cries, literally everyone in the house stops what they are doing and try to check the baby. But none of them actually do it, and they spend hours just standing around blankly until I cancel/reset them and then they just go back to whatever they were doing without checking the baby. It's honestly easier to play as the baby and just ask any adult for help.

The in-game time needs to be fixed because it literally takes 30 minutes just to pick them up. Then most of the time the adult will drop them without doing what you asked.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Feb 2024 at 12:06 PM
Very much needed! I also play with autonomy off, and the constant checking, essentially stops my Sims from functioning! Thank youu!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 7:46 PM
Thank you! Trying to get back into TS4 since I haven't played since before the infants were incorporated. While it's great the Sims themselves trying to be attentive, it just ends with:
Parent: *Puts infant in crib*
Infant: *cries as part of it's routine to fall asleep*
Parent: *cancel soothe to sleep interaction, check infant, pick infant up out of crib*
Parent B: *enters picture and an endless loop begins of trying to get both parents to eff off so their kid can finally sleep*
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 12:42 PM
Hi I want to start of by saying that I love this mod but since last update (maybe the one before) i have had my sims go pick up my infants while they are trying to sleep to put them to sleep. I am doing a 100+ baby challenge and having all teens and older hovering over 1 infant interrupting them constantly is bugging me. I have had the mod for about two months and in that time the check toddler thing never stopped so much that I ended up making a toddler only room accessible by pet doors. I do use other mods like MCCC and TOOL and BBB and the infant milestone adder mod (sorry cant remember name) please let me know if any of those mods interfere or a setting in those mods.
Thanks for reading
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd May 2024 at 12:47 AM
thanks so much for this! my sims literally wakes up out of her sleep to check on the infant. and then while the second parent is taking care of the baby, the first parent still feels the need to interfere like "frick off! its being handled already!"