Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Found Family

by kestrellyn Posted 14th Nov 2018 at 12:55 AM - Updated 4th Feb 2024 at 5:22 PM by kestrellyn

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:03 AM
the lord has answered my prayers i needed a mod like this..
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:12 AM
This is a beautiful addition -- I've wanted something like this for such a long time! Thank you very much. ^_^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 10:00 PM
This is going to be so useful for my raised-together practically siblings, especially given that one is Romance - and there are plenty of other places I'm going to find I need it! So handy to have an option right there in game for those of us who are less talented at using SimPE.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 6:54 AM
I do use ACR and this will be a nice companion to that mod. Thank you so much for sharing this - it was much needed and long over due.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 11:40 PM
I have complicated family in my game that needs this.
The oldest daughter is biologically not related to the dad but he never knew this.
She has a younger adopted sister from her non biological dad and his wife.
I didn't realize how much I needed this!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 12:03 AM
Actually, they should be considered family in that case, since the game would consider them step-family if the parents are married. Is this not the case?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 7:20 PM
This is very useful! Thank you! x
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 7:42 PM
This is a game-changer, thank you so much!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:51 PM
I have four sisters who were separated by the Social Worker but they still have good relationships with each other and memories of each other, thanks to the no memory delete hack. Now with this hack, they can still be sisters. Awesome job as always, Kes. Thanks!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 1:36 AM
Thank you so very much, this is very much needed to add more sensible game play.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 9:29 PM
Thank you Kestrellyn for my life
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 6:22 AM
Thank you for sharing! Definitely adding this to my game <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:07 PM
Thank you so much! as someone who had wanted to use your extended family hack, but didn't want to uninstall InTeen, this is a wonderful option. Also, I love that the people who really do feel like family can now be family!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 3:06 PM
Thank you!! Been looking for this for so long!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 4:03 PM
I'll keep this mod in mind. I don't usually have trouble setting sims up with family flags, but if I do in the future, I'll come back to this mod to help me. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 5:08 AM
Thanks!This should help with making foster kids be seen as kids by foster parents instead of being seen as potential romances later and this could also be used to stop inproper romances that shouldn't happen.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 1:52 PM
I use your extendedfamilypartial hack. Will this hack work with that?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 7:54 PM
Oh, you're right, I realized the compatible version for extended family won't actually work with extendedfamilypartial. I've uploaded another compatible version for extendedfamilypartial.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Oh, you're right, I realized the compatible version for extended family won't actually work with extendedfamilypartial. I've uploaded another compatible version for extendedfamilypartial.

Thanks! Hadn't actually played for a while and when I went into a lot it threw all sorts of bad gosub family related errors on sims.

There are two files in the foundfamilyglobal+extendedfamilypartial zip. One foundfamilyglobal+extendedfamilypartial and one foundfamilyglobal-extendedfamilypartial. Do you need both?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 9:54 PM
Oh, no, they are both the same, actually. I just accidentally named one not according to my usual conventions and it accidentally got included in the zip.

Edit: There should only be one file, now.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 3:38 AM
I'm sure Lola, Chloe, and Glabe Curious would appreciate this one :P
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Actually, they should be considered family in that case, since the game would consider them step-family if the parents are married. Is this not the case?

I just downloaded this mod and this is how it's currently handled in my game: I can "Treat as family" extended family such as niece/nephews and aunts/uncles by marriage, but can't do it on step-parents and step-children because I guess they are already considered family, although they are not marked as such (they don't have the icon in the relationship panel). They can family kiss etc. for the moment since the kid is still a child, but I don't know how the game handles step-parents by marriage when the kids grow into adults. Would it block out romantic socials even if they don't have the family icon on the relationship panel?

In any case, thanks for the awesome mod!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 3:24 AM
It sounds like you might not have my inlaws fix: https://modthesims.info/d/610805/in-laws-fix.html In-law relationships, including aunts and uncles by marriage and non-blood-related nieces and nephews, are pretty broken without it. You would probably notice that one sim can add the other as family, but the other sim doesn't get that option, even if the first sim removes them.

And yes, they will still be treated as family even though the family icon is not in the relationship panel.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 2:02 AM
This one of the bets mods ever, thank you!
Page 1 of 2