Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Half Shell Lamp Default Replaced

by Liz Posted 30th Sep 2018 at 2:40 AM - Updated 30th Sep 2018 at 12:13 PM by Liz
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 10:25 AM
We have quite similar lights in our home, so thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 3:37 PM
Thank you for changing one of the reasons why I wouldn’t touch this lamp in-game. Why teal, EA? Also big thanks for making unpatterned recolors of the glass.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 3:52 PM
Thank you so much! I never use this particular light because of that color. This definitely makes it look nicer!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:21 PM
Thank you, Liz, I have always wanted to use this fixture, but always refrained for the same reasons. Congrats on your picked upload, too!

Debra
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:04 AM
Thank you Liz! your Teal reason was exactly why I would not use this myself. :D
Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 4:05 PM
A small change, but a big improvement. Also, I've managed to make a CEP-Extra for the fixture, along with some textures with recolored fixtures. I haven't tested any of it in-game yet, but the Extra is working in SimPE.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:55 AM
I never even really noticed the turquoise color of the Maxis hardware on these lights until I saw your version posted. I much prefer your version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:43 AM
Great Work! Thank You. I've been looking for recolors for this light.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:55 PM
Yay!! Many thanks, no more turquoise stems! lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 11:06 PM
I've run into the same problem: I like the look of the lamp, but that teal fixture makes it practically unusable! Thanks so much for this replacement. Silver is so much more practical.
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th May 2019 at 1:55 AM
I don't know how I missed this.. but I now have it, lol. Thanks!! (My reasons for not ever using it are the same as everyone elses.. teal, really?)