Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Castle Brittannia

by Sims2Lvr005 Posted 31st Jul 2006 at 12:36 AM - Updated 25th Oct 2006 at 1:09 AM by Sims2Lvr005

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Banned
#2 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 9:05 AM
this is absolutely gorgeous
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:09 AM
This is what I needed for my rich family story! It is absolutely amazing, thankyou very much for sharing!!!! By the way, you mention a kitchen for the servants, is there also a area in the castle where the servants sleep? Away from the rich family members? Thankyou for sharing!!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:10 AM
Trully spectacular!!! Thank you!
Alchemist
#5 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:17 PM
Wow, it seems the right location for a movie about Camelot and Kings Arthur and his Knights, wonderful castle. The second pic let me without words. I can believe that it took sometime to build and finish it. Thank you and ciao.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corganinne
This is what I needed for my rich family story! It is absolutely amazing, thankyou very much for sharing!!!! By the way, you mention a kitchen for the servants, is there also a area in the castle where the servants sleep? Away from the rich family members? Thankyou for sharing!!!

I did not make that part of the house furnished, next to the kitchen there is tons of space meant for that exact purpose. good question, sorry about that.

I'm glad you all like it, thanks for looking!!!!!!
Scholar
#7 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:37 PM
Really nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 9:36 PM
Yup...this must have taken you a long time! You did a wonderful job!

He wasn't always an EVIL monkey.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 1:31 AM
I love the interior of the castle... I've had alot of trouble with throne rooms for my castles and you've given me some great ideas... I plan to give your castle a medieval touch which I know will fit in very well with my medieval n'hood. Great work...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lamammaforever
Wow, it seems the right location for a movie about Camelot and Kings Arthur and his Knights, wonderful castle. The second pic let me without words. I can believe that it took sometime to build and finish it. Thank you and ciao.

WE HEY i can recreate monty Python and the holy grail's camelot sing along. And super great work here, love it
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 5:12 PM
FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC. This works perfectly for my idea for Jareth's Labyrinth! Thank you!

"If there is anything that accrues my ire, it's confounded serpents upon my dirigible!" -Serpents Upon My Dirigible
More sims stuff can be found here. Site has a bandwidth limit, be gentle.
Project info is found in my journal. Please direct your requests to the jounal.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 7:43 AM
I love this house. It's perfect for a vampire story that i have been working on. Only problem is, I can't play any of my sims in it. I move them in and I can't access them. The live mode is grayed out. I can only build and exit. at first i thought that it was my family, so i experimented with a few different families and houses. The family wasn't the problem. Could you take a look at it for me. I have Uni, NL and OFB installed. If that helps. Harley Q.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Sims2Lvr005 : 7th Aug 2006 at 3:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by harleyqwynn
I love this house. It's perfect for a vampire story that i have been working on. Only problem is, I can't play any of my sims in it. I move them in and I can't access them. The live mode is grayed out. I can only build and exit. at first i thought that it was my family, so i experimented with a few different families and houses. The family wasn't the problem. Could you take a look at it for me. I have Uni, NL and OFB installed. If that helps. Harley Q.

Thank you for informing me. I found that the problem was that I had deleted the mailbox just before I uploaded it. I just found a hack to replace the mailbox, I tried it and it works perfectly. So you just download it, place it in the lot before you move your sims in. Then move them in, and they're fine!!! The download is here...
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=149922&c=1
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 8:28 PM
Wonderful!

яαcћεℓℓε<3
Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:49 AM
Beautiful Castle and nice floor plan too. Love it!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 12:25 AM
oh my GOD. i'm using it for Jareth's castle too!!!! thank you so much!! it's GREAT.

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 1:19 AM
This is a great castle for those familiar with the venerated and clasic Ultima games made by the now defunct Origin Systems which was shut down by EA in 2000.

The Ultima series, created by Richard Garriot, ran from 1980-1999 and consisted of 10 main games and four spinoffs and inspired the very first Online game, Ultima Online in 1997.

This castle is a duplicate of the Lord British's castle (Castle Britannia) in Ultima 9. Other than the obvious name, I recognized both the hedge maze (top picture) and the throne room (bottom picture) from the last game in the series. I'm surprised no one noticed it before, or that Sims2lvr005 didn't mention it.

In case you're wondering how a series with 10 games can end in number 9, there was an Ultima 7 and Ultima 7 part two, each a seperate game. As you could imagine most of the games are in DOS and won't run in XP. That's why I don't consider this an advertisement, just a historical curiousity for those wondering how this castle was inspired.
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 1:25 AM
I should also add that this castle is more elaborate and a lot of things, like balconies etc. were added in. The original game didn't have a castle this elaborate, but this is obviously based on that castle.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 5:36 AM
Oh, that's interesting, I've never heard of that game or seen it or anything from it before. Castle Brittania is not based on it or inspired by it in any way, shape or form.

I made this castle for my cousin, who told me which rooms to include. She said that she wanted it to be elaborate and to have all the rooms that are in there, she also specified a hedge maze. And trust me she's never heard of or seen that game either.

I also named it Castle Brittania because her name is Brittany and I call her Brittania as a nickname.

So to sum it up:
This castle has nothing to do with that game, I've never even heard of it a single time before you mentioned it. This castle was created completely from my imagination. I promise.

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 2:30 AM
The mail box download does not work for me! is there any ther way of playing the lot?
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 11:37 PM
The mailbox thing should work, just make sure you place the mailbox before you try to move people into the house.

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 9:59 PM
This is lovely! And so detailed. The maze is great!