Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

August Apocalypse Challenge Rule Set Mods

by Phaenoh Posted 26th Aug 2011 at 8:55 PM - Updated 28th Jul 2012 at 4:41 PM by Phaenoh

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 9:44 PM
What an awesome idea--it looks like you thought of everything! And I love your compound.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 10:03 PM
Thank you for this. I've wanted to do the challenge & always ended up messing something up because I forgot about it. This is great.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 10:06 PM
I have wanted this for so long, thanks for making it! Much less administrivia for the player with your mods in place.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 12:25 AM
...I think I'm in love with you.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 12:30 AM
Oh. My. Word! *Bows* This is amazing. I have no clue how all this will work with my game, because I have a tone of alterations, mods, clothes, hairstyles, some modded objects, and some just normal additional objects.

As my fingers are tingling right now to play with these mods in place, I was wondering should I remove all my custom content first. Should I just remove some of it? I mean extra snow isn't really going to cause problems is it? And how much trouble could a gazillian hair styles cause . . . other than the obvious slowing down?

If I did need to remove everything would it be safe to just have to download folders and switch between them (since obviously most of my neighborhoods are not going to be this kind of detailedness)? I have never done a legacy of any sort (mostly because I hate to see my sims die and I have extremely large families all of which I try to marry off and give kids, but I've been wanting to and this would be so much fun . . . I think.

*Goes off to play the Sims 2*
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 1:07 AM Last edited by lorinsv60 : 27th Aug 2011 at 1:18 AM. Reason: I love omitting words...
I commend you for taking on this monumental task! I'm not quite sure, but are you 'boxed' into lifting restrictions according to these categories? Also, I'm probably missing or misreading something, but how do you find a job without the paper?

Btw, I remember your post about your rules variant at boolprop.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 1:32 AM
Thanks for the great comments everyone! This was a long tedious/busywork type project and I'm just glad the month is over. You all make everything worth it.

Quote: Originally posted by Faerieimp
I was wondering should I remove all my custom content first. Should I just remove some of it? If I did need to remove everything would it be safe to just have to download folders and switch between them (since obviously most of my neighborhoods are not going to be this kind of detailedness)?

You don't need to remove your CC, but having a separate downloads folder full of only 'Apocalypse' CC and switching back and forth is a smarter idea. I have entire AnyGameStarter specifically for just this challenge.

Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60
I'm not quite sure, but are you 'boxed' into lifting restrictions according to these categories? Also, I'm probably missing or misreading something, but how do you find a job without the paper?

Yeah, I'm kinda boxed into my version of it. You can feel free to build upon my work and rearrange stuff as you like, but believe me, its literally close to 1,000 objects I've rearranged. In the normal version, lots of things are double restricted. I've bypassed that by ordering things in the restriction levels. If you read my Official Thread over in our Sims2 Challenge forum, you'd see that on the first level you are allowed to get any of those three jobs via any means you'd like, such as Mog's Job Noticeboard.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 3:27 AM
This is sheer genius! I'm hereby adding this to my must-haves! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 5:00 AM
I too remember your post about your rule variant on the Apocalypse. I think I prefer the official (Borg) rules, but yours are definitely an interesting twist towards realism. Many of these are very useful and I thank you for your hard work.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 12:06 PM
Nice work.
Just got this saved, because once my BACC is "done" I will Apocalypse it! Or if it blows up I will just pretend and do this anyway. To try to torture my sim will be quite an effort for me.
This mod will certainly make it easier to remember the limitations, they are very many.
What I will try to add is something like Cyjon had. Zombies. And death. Fear the zombies.... If I can make it work for me.
Helptato
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 3:14 PM
Amazing! I've always wanted to try the Apocalypse challenge but the rules are insane!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 5:26 PM
Thanks for the great comments everyone, and remember, this isn't supposed to be the Real Apocalypse Challenge, this is its own different variant. The real one was purposely written to be insanely hard. That's not my purpose here, so I've provided mods to help.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:33 AM
Do you have to start this with a new clean installed The Sims 2 games or can be played even with mods installed? This mod sounds super great, but fear uncompatibility. Please respond.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 1:17 PM
Thanks Phae - I am having a fun time making lots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 11:23 PM
I went to look at the challenge and I must say, it slightly terrifies me. O.o But this mod inspires me, hmm...
I shall attempt! XD
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 7:23 AM
Hmm, what's that teen doing? Never seen that before
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 12:42 PM
PLEASE HELP ME!!! how do yo get the cheat off?? its eritating me in my sims uni.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jazzysim
PLEASE HELP ME!!! how do yo get the cheat off?? its eritating me in my sims uni.
Remove it from your downloads folder. You are only supposed to keep it in there while you are playing the challenge.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:51 AM
I have to say that this is brilliant and will be the first challenge I ever attempt.

Sadly, I won't be able to use your helpful mods. I'm on a Mac. This means I don't have every EP (only up to Bon Voyage was ever made for Macs). It also means I have no SimPE in order to use your tutorial and delete the EP specific items from your package files.

I'm still going to attempt following all the restrictions "manually" if you will. With my overcontrolling "pause, que, and release" style of play I should still be alright.

Thanks for a creative and amazing challenge, and for doing half the work for people in making mods for it! If you ever have time on your hands.........please consider doing an up to BV version of the mods for Mac users?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hweldon81
Thanks for a creative and amazing challenge, and for doing half the work for people in making mods for it! If you ever have time on your hands.........please consider doing an up to BV version of the mods for Mac users?

I think I could whip up a quick version that doesn't include the hiders. Those were the majority of the work, but that's what's causing compatibility problems.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 10:58 PM
Afraid I don't have time, what with a toddler and all, to do this completely according to the rules but then I am just doing it for fun anyway. Am having fun and still finding it quite challenging even with a minimal amount of helping mods. Moved my sim on to a "destroyed" version of the lot where his parents were "killed" while he was at university and am getting so tired of their ghost's scaring the - well you know - out of him and his wife. One thing though- how to clean toddlers with out any bathtubs and no change tables? Looking around for simple lots for the second phase of things and found some of starrling's from the Brixham Village set works pretty well.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Mark Twain
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 11:23 PM
Could someone make a sims 3 version? 'Cause I only have sims 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 10:03 AM
OH EM GEEE!!!!!! This is incredible. I've thought of making something like this for the longest time, and, well, never got around to it (or good enough at modding). It's just fantastic. I have no words. I do have a few more apocalypse style buildings though which I can upload once I get Sims 2 back on my new computer (which might take a while as apparently I fail at keeping the discs and manuals in the cases -_-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:56 PM
Looks great , and before i download it. Is all the rules you just wroted down. When i install this thing. Will i like don't have newspaper and sutch stuff? Or will it just be a lot. Please! aNSWER ME QUICK.
Page 1 of 5