Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1076 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 4:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your lab Cat
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#1077 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 4:42 AM
Big hugs, Cat! I'm sure he's having a blast running with all the other puppos at the rainbow bridge <3
Top Secret Researcher
#1078 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 3:11 AM
Just clarifying. Do we have 11 days before the final round officially starts? Seems ages.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1079 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:11 PM
Good news for me! My sister is back home and doing fine. Baby is good too, and I GOT A JOB! I'm moving to Chicago this weekend. If it hasn't been apparent, I need to officially withdraw from this play along. I'm not going to get them done before this thread closes. I had one cool lot I wanted to do, and I'll try to still do it eventually, but I'm just going to scratch the other three lots from my exceedingly long sims to do list. My ideas for them weren't anything special.

I've been loving everything everyone is doing, and good luck on the last round!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1080 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 9:06 PM
Good luck on your move, and glad everyone is doing ok!

Did I mark the time wrong again? "Note to self 2 Weeks contest round,1 Week judges... Repeat...."
Top Secret Researcher
#1081 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 10:21 PM
Still showing 11 days? :p

Great news, Phaenoh. Real life takes priority (as I keep trying to tell myself). I'm sure your 'nothing special' would have been amazing. Good luck with everything.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1082 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 11:27 PM
All fixed sorry guys! After all my issues, my wifi card went kaput as well, and I JUST got internet back on my computer! so was waiting for it to fix it
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1083 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 12:04 AM
When are we likely to get our scores?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1084 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 1:06 AM
well one judge has hers in , and the other 2 I am waiting for so as soon as I get them, I will upload the scores
Instructor
#1085 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 1:10 AM
I'm a bit confused here..I just looked at the timer the other day and it had said 13 days or something like that..and now it is showing 3 days..am I missing something..

I know now I won't be finishing on time..that is for sure..but I will try and finish it after the move..so sorry everyone..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1086 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:09 AM
@broomhilda61 That's judges time, I have 3 days to do up my scores and since I haven't even started I will have to get my skates on. Right above the clock, it says what the time left is for.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1087 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 5:52 AM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 10th Apr 2018 at 2:47 PM.
Default Greenman Tropical Vacation Home, Playalong
Okay, days late and a dollar short, but it'll help pass the time till the judges scores are ready. I used the smallest beach lot, which I think has a 30x30 buildable area, and if I'm wrong feel free to dock me imaginary points. Also, alas, not all the details are quite as clear as I'd like in the required pictures. Getting the big views is always hard for me, and some of the plants and things are just too small to look good at a distance, especially since I was using my full game and it doesn't like to run with smooth edges on.

Dr. Ash Greenman, his wife celebrated artist Angel, and his children Rhett, Joanie, and Daisy have decided to live part of the year in the island community of Crooked Beach, which some of y'all will remember from last year's foundation challenge. No expense was spared, but since no member of the house is a neatnik and they're here for fun, not to impress people, not to mention you don't put your nicest stuff into a house built in Hurricane Alley, the vibe is relaxed and not at all fussy.

And if you don't think teal and pink make a good color scheme for an island house, it is Angel's professional opinion that you need to get over yourself.

Ten. I had 11 I wanted to post! Oh, well.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#1088 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 10:52 AM
Thank you Jo..Gina Skyped me last night to let me know as well..I really thought I was losing it there for a bit..

Omgosh I want those Turkeys..and your vacation home is stunning Peni
Mad Poster
#1089 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 11:35 AM
Oh, that is pretty, Peni - I want the turkeys too?
Mad Poster
#1090 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 3:56 PM
I have a whole subfolder just for bird deco...

The turkeys (along with ducks and goats) are by Wiccandove and can be found at Plumbob Keep: http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...php?f=80&t=3182

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#1091 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 9:43 PM Last edited by gazania : 10th Apr 2018 at 10:01 PM.
Love those animal statues. I have a couple on my lot. No NPC issues, and you can move them around. I do have some animated animals, such as PBK's chickens and geese, as well as the owl on Affinity Sims (I HAD to have that owl ..), but with animated animals and NPC issues, I tend to be cautious.

What I did for my lot: Made a copy of my test hood in case I mess up. I will probably flatten the beach lot tonight or tomorrow. Flattened beach lots make life easier for me. That's as far as I've even considered going.

My level of inspiration: .....

At this point, I'll be lucky if I put ANYTHING out. :/ I'm starting to become more of the human race now, but have these sleepy jags; as in, I think a mild earthquake wouldn't even wake me up.

My goal all along has been to put something out before the deadlines, both here and my own private ones, since I have no idea how I'll feel and when. So I will push on. I have a vague idea what I might like and what I can work with with my limitations (both personal and Maxis'), but haven't found just the right inspiration pic. I have looked at dozens of examples around the world. I want it to work on a flattened beach lot, since that would mean I can put it in more areas without fussing about which Maxis beach elevation is being used where.

I think I have an image in my mind. Now to find an example that can help me with that image. I've been saving URLs with sample buildings to access later.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#1092 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 10:47 PM
I have done about 50% - and I am reasonably happy with how it turned out as far as the outside is concerned. I think after this lot I can safely say that I have mastered most of CFE! And I certainly counted a lot in order to build this lot I have done nothing inside except for spending around an hour choosing walls and floors. And then I recolored a thousand stairs or at least it feels like I did. The interior is going to give me nightmares.

I started on the biggest lot and made it 10 tiles smaller - that is good, isn't it, when you have an unlimited budget? Off to the bar, I am mixing drinks AND drinking
Link Ninja
#1093 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 10:53 PM
I've been addicted to playing Far Cry 5 the last 2 weeks or so, but at least I ripped myself away long enough to complete my mountain entry. I also transferred over my new addiction to my lifelong addiction by taking in-game screenshots of Far Cry and converting them into sims art wall watercolors to use in my last lot

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#1094 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 11:10 PM
I love that idea of incorporating one addiction into another. I haven't played any other games for a few months and when I do it's only for a short time. Sims wins every time.
Mad Poster
#1095 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 12:03 AM Last edited by gazania : 11th Apr 2018 at 1:04 AM.
Son of a ....

I finally went into Twikkii Island. I saw about three or four areas where you could conceivably place beach lots and silly me ... I thought you COULD place them. I finally found a smallish inspiration pic that I found adorable, and I could adapt for my needs. (Of course, I'd provide a link to the original inspiration.)

Problem is ... you can't place a beach lot on Twikkii Island without bulldozing anything Maxis, except for one area (the blank area right by the pirate ship). And that area is near a crossroads which, if you flatten it, can go really funky. No matter what I tried, the road looked great initially, but if you went into the lot, you'd feel sorry for anyone trying to navigate the road in front, because they'd probably lose an axle.

The lot really needs to be in a beach area to work. It would look weird inland.

I did not have this problem at all with my bungalows in the mountain hood. There were a few areas where I could place them.

So ... I either need to either:

1. Find a custom terrain island hood that allows for a few beach lots. I'm trying to find one that isn't hilly ... a plateau area might be nice. I'm keeping the total terrain small. I had been thinking of doing this for a while... making a small sleepy harbor/beach vacation island town. I'm not 100% up to it now, but I could put in the lot and my tropical motel lot, at least (and I know the motel lot works fine re Freezy, tourists and the concierge, so that will save a whole lot of time for now ... I can add a B&B later), for effect and a nice background. Perhaps add a quick park and cafe or something. I can switch the hood items later on if I actually attach the vacation hood to one of my good ones (but that would make FIVE vacation hoods at that point ... eek!) or
2, After days of trying to come up with something I'd like for my hoods, think of something else inland on Twikkii Island. Darn good question as to what. Twikkii Island is really annoying me, for some reason. Methinks the Maxis staff spent way too much time at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney. Actually, way too much time at Disney in general! No wonder I spent most of my time in my non-Maxis vacation hood.
3. Take a flattened area in one of my custom hoods, which have plenty of room for flattened beach lots, and make a fake tropical lot. But ... well ... it wouldn't be very inspiring! I would feel like I was making some sort of movie set. Like many here, I have a mental picture of what my hoods are. It would feel ... out of place.

Whatever it is, it's probably not going to require much of a budget!

Off to find CC terrains that might fit the bill. I found a few that might work, such as Broken Heart Island by Sweet Mystre (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=295100) (but I'm not sure that is beach-compatible ...maybe Beach Resort or Coconut Island, even with the hills), or some of the islands here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=218435. (Thank you so much, lauratje86, for the BV notes ... very useful.). Those might be a little TOO small, though. Off for some contemplation!

EDIT ... I put Broken Heart Island in my lot-building only game for now, just to see what it looks like before I put either that or the mini-island in my good game and start building around it. Broken Heart Island allows for about seven beach lots. It's a bit larger than I thought, but I like the plateau on top ... allows for basements and low-lying areas. Sweet Mystre does quality work, and it shows here.

Off to the mini-isles.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#1096 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:24 AM
@justpetro is that a default replacement hotel reception desk? Looks like a restaurant podium, but since you say it played well I assume it does have a proper podium so Sims can check in?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1097 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:30 AM
I used the Paloma Island terrain gazania: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=248682
When I built my beach restaurant. Plenty of beach lot friendly roads with that one though I nearly used Maui from the Hawaii set:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=326798
which is similarly blessed with beach lot possibles

Edit - there's a small one - single tile - available at the Keep @gummilutt

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#1098 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:47 AM
Thanks maxon.

@Karen Lorraine You've forgotten to include the floorplan for the ground floor

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#1099 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 2:05 AM
*Wonders if my lot will reach half a million...*
I have a ton of cc. Some of that stuff is way overpriced - 4,000 for cushions? Come on, now. Thanks to gdayars' instructions earlier on, I've made some prices more reasonable. Still, it's going to be one expensive lot.
Instructor
#1100 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 3:35 AM
Thank you Peni..I got those goats so I must have the turkeys in there somewhere..thank you..

I got my Section 8 voucher changed over for another year..but can't get it inspected until next Wednesday..they only do inspections on Wednesday here in Jefferson City..so now it is time to go box hunting..and getting things packed and ready to move..next week if nothing goes wrong with the inspection..after I move and get settled in I will start this last entry..sorry everyone..

Beautiful entries everyone..wish I had each and everyone of yours talent :lovestruc

Page 44 of 59