Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Pleasantly Thriving' Hoods and Lots -10yr Creator Anniversary-

by Phaenoh Posted 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:12 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:47 AM by Phaenoh

168 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
That seems to happen for some people and not for others. My best guess is that there is a bit of CC somewhere that is super innocuous and is causing the issue. I had clear window frames when I loaded only the CC I supplied, but in my full game I have the same problem. I have not tracked it down, but I do know it is not part of the CC I included, nor my lots.

On a hunch I just pulled out only Atavera's Animated Open Windows hack and on loading the lots the windows were clear. So that's at least what's causing the problem for me I guess.
Instructor
#127 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:34 AM Last edited by duderocks : 16th Jan 2018 at 4:55 AM.
Love this neighborhood and the empty version works splendidly. Unfortunately, the populated version crashes for me every single time in random moments so I don't really know what the problem is here (have all EPs and SPs but installed from disks)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#128 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 8:50 AM
Excellent work, Phae! I don't really do premade hoods anymore so I'm admiring your hard work from afar, but just... wow.

I've a quick question if you don't mind - how did you fence in the rounded edges of the pools?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#129 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 12:57 AM
Thank you! I have just started to rebuild my 'hood after corruption, so these lots will be great!
Field Researcher
#130 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:52 PM Last edited by kidhedera : 8th Feb 2018 at 10:39 AM.
I have a few little things to report.
"Small Home"
- There is a vent under one of the seats at the dining room table that renders that chair unusable. Removing the vent solves the problem.
"City Townhouse"
- The table in the kitchen has the same problem with a vent under one of the seats. Moving the table a quartertile away from the vent solves the problem.
- The dining table outside 'traps' sims between its chairs. Moving the table and all its chairs a quartertile towards the house solves the problem.
"Dreamer Domain"
- The bin in the kitchen is blocked by the dining chairs so it can't be accessed.
"Sporty Shack"
- One of my employees got stuck in a loop where she would empty the trash compactor, walk towards the back door, stop by the door of the mens bathroom, drop the trash, pick it up again, put it back in the trash compactor and then take it out again and repeat. I tried with my (male) business owner and he walked straight into the mens bathroom with the trash and put it in the trash chute that was hidden behind the urinal. The trash chutes are a cute touch, but maybe they need to be removed or one needs to be in the kitchen for playability?
"Pleasant Manor"
- The dresser in the master bedroom blocks in sims after they get out of bed on the window side. (I'm not actually sure how Mary-Sue got *into* bed since she couldn't walk past the dresser but she managed somehow and then chucked a tantrum when she woke up and couldn't route anywhere.

PS I love your houses, they are so beautiful. Your eye for detail is marvelous.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 7:51 PM
Thank you so much for your extensive testing! I'll be sure to include those fixes when I do the update.
Field Researcher
#132 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:25 AM Last edited by kidhedera : 11th Feb 2018 at 8:19 AM.
No worries. I'm enjoying playing through the different lots. I just found another little problem.
"Pleasantview Grocer and Takeout"
- The large 5 seat table in the pizza restuarant blocks access to one chair in the corner. (Of course this is the chair all my sims wanted to sit in). Moving the 5 seat table a quarter tile towards the kitchen/register solves the problem.

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure about this one anymore. Something in that room is causing a lot of route failures, but I'm not sure what.

EDIT2: The stealth neighbourhoods don't connect to Pleasantly Thriving properly - I have no hobby lots or hobby sims. I don't mind about the sims so much, but not having the lots is inconvenient.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:51 PM
I had never seen this neighbourhood so alive, EA one is okay but just isn't believable the town and you just make it so real, I love the building you made. They're so flipping good!
When I download populated version I didn't think original Pleasantview's neighbours are townies since I won't see them as a playable family like how is the Broke Family are their more broke than ever or now rich. But hey at least it funs to play this amazing town!

By the way, how do you make houses/community lot so good?
Scholar
#134 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
"Pleasant Manor"
- The dresser in the master bedroom blocks in sims after they get out of bed on the window side. (I'm not actually sure how Mary-Sue got *into* bed since she couldn't walk past the dresser but she managed somehow and then chucked a tantrum when she woke up and couldn't route anywhere.

Daniel got into bed in my game thanks to the "Use Inaccessible Beds" mod, but I too had to remove the chest of drawers upon waking as he couldn't move.

I don't know if it's related to something buggy specific to my set-up or not, but the Goth Mansion makes my game crash to desktop within minutes of loading it, every time! I can't be 100% sure if it's lot-specific, but I played Pleasant Manor for a full sim-week prior to loading up Goth with no issues. As the Kat house and the Dreamer/Broke residences are default and Selly-built respectively, they can't really be used for comparison!

Still, got to love what you've done with the place, Phae! :lovestruc

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:00 PM
Question
Is it possible to play this neighborhood without stuff packs?

I lost my account that had Sims 2 Ultimate Collection sadly and was just wondering.
Field Researcher
#136 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:35 PM Last edited by ::Giggles:: : 25th Feb 2018 at 1:47 PM.
Don Lothario's house also crashes on me and I have Ultimate Collection.

ETA: I definitely have all the CC. I'm going to try installing this in a no CC game to see if it still crashes.

ETA 2: It's definitely one of your pieces of CC. I can confirm that the lot loads find with no CC in Ultimate Collection.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:58 AM
Downloaded, really wanted to play it, but The Sims 2 does not work on Win10 1709...
Although I hope you will update it from above feedback's, because I will be lurking here .
The second (if?) Microsoft or EA fixes our Sims I'm going to get it!
Or just play how it is now if you won't update it.
Thank you!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:12 AM
I've not heard anything about sims 2 not working on Windows 10. You should check out the Help section about that.

I do plan on updating it, but it isn't near the top of my To-Do list at the moment. Sister is in the hospital and job-hunting are both taking precedent and will for a while yet.
Test Subject
#139 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:45 AM Last edited by Arethien : 7th Mar 2018 at 8:33 PM. Reason: Removed irrelevant stuff.
You seem to be going through a hard time now, hope everything will sort out soon!

I've not heard anything about sims 2 not working on Windows 10. You should check out the Help section about that.

I did check. The Sims 2 has a pink things and crashing problem on Nvidia GTX 10xx series cards with Windows 10 Fall Update 1709 and newest graphic card drivers. Still no definitive solution.

- Goth family house do not load in my game too. Not UC.
- Few curtains clip through beds and desks.
- Few plants clipped through walls.
- I know you said you used as little CC as you could, but it is still a lot for me. Especially decor garage, basement, laundry, sewing, TS3 utility decor.
- To much MMO cheat used. Hard to place or move furniture afterwards, also quite a few route fail places.
- Having heating vents on the floor in rooms is not to my taste. It looks so much like a drain crates! I like radiators better.

- I liked modular open stairs.
- Curtains are nice too!
- Corner small appliances placement also nice!
- Neighborhood is really alive with all these houses! I like it.
- Decorative parking spaces with cars are great.

Overall amazing creation. :lovestruc
Scholar
#140 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:21 PM
Found the problem: W10 wasn't playing nicely and so I was running out of memory on a lot stuffed full of... well... stuff. I'd only noticed it in the Goth house due to the size of it (all the others were smaller). However, have fixed it as best I can with the 4GB patch and a tweak of the SP9.exe. It now runs for reasonable periods, but towards the end of the rotation I started getting the pink on Bella's portrait.

Hope your sister is on the mend now, Phae, and that your job-hunting is bearing fruit.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 2:47 AM
I love all this, have just downloaded along with your other reworkings of EAxis lots, will be having fun with them soon, once I install all the CC. You're such an enabler for CC but if I minded I wouldn't have downloaded it lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#142 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 9:21 AM
@phaenoh
Though I really love this neighbourhood all i want are the base game houses with a garage. Like Goth's and Dreamer's.
Can the be downloaded seperatly somehow?

P.s.: I hope your family is ok and the job hunting goes well for you.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 1:28 AM
Love your work. I wondered if it would be safe to hook up MeetMe2theRiver’s Pleasantview-as-a-subhood to it? Preferably your populated version but if that would cause conflicts between playables/townies/NPC’s/deceased then would the unpopulated version work? Or would that be a bad thing full of conflicts and bugs? No urgency on this question, just wondering for future play.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 1:57 PM
lientebollemeis, yes, each house is available separately in the first comments. Enjoy!

Danielis, that *might* be ok, but PLEASE be sure to have backups of everything before you give it a try. I can't promise anything. I'm not sure why you'd want duplicates of the Pleasantview townies (I used her templates in the first place). Actually, having duplicate sim entries in the hood probably would be a bad thing. I don't recommend using both populated versions. Take my unpopulated and use her populated one. Hers probably has less bugs in it since it's been out longer and I've not had a chance to update this the way I want to.

Good news, my sister is home again and recovering! Her baby has been home for much longer and is also healthy and fine, AND I GOT A JOB! I'll be moving to Chicago this weekend!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 5:16 AM
Thanks for your reply, and I’m so glad things are working out for you with your sister and your new job. Hope the move goes smoothly too. 😀
Top Secret Researcher
#146 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 5:48 PM
@phaenoh
Congratulations! I am glad to hear everything's going great again.

Would it be possible to install those seperate houses with CI, without CC?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#147 Old 26th May 2018 at 2:57 AM Last edited by kidhedera : 27th May 2018 at 5:56 AM.
I'm back again! So, first of all, congrats on your new family member and I'm glad your sister is safe and well. Also congrats on the new job!
Secondly, your lots are amazing. I'm still blown away by the detail and everything. Just breathtaking.

After a break from my test hood, I'm setting up to play in Pleasantly Thriving for good. I decided to use dreadpirates 'Extra Fixes' alternate version of Pleasantview (it has some changes to genetics and things) and import your terrain and place all your lots. It was much quicker and easier than I expected it to be, so people considering going down this route I totally recommend it.

I do have a small issue with Goth Manor though. Two of the chairs on the big table in the dinng room are inaccessable/unusable to the sims. I fussed and fiddled without result, so I rearranged the ground floor of the Goth Mansion. I moved the sofas from the 'lounge' area into the foyer near the piano and added a coffee table, then made the 'lounge' area into a bigger dining room. The old dining room is now a bar with a juice bar and a nectar serving station. (The big statue that was in the dining room is now out in the garden being beautiful).

My only other issue is with the Gym/Pool lot, which is just a nightmare of lag. I have a pretty powerful computer and lag is generally not an issue for me, but that lot is huge and full of objects. So I sadly went through and removed all your carefully laid out vents and thinned out the other deco items. Its a bit more manageable now. I don't expect you to change anything about that lot, but downloaders with low spec machines might like to know they'll probably need to customise that one to their computers capabilities.

EDIT: I found a bug with Harmonious Haven Spa and Retreat. I came across this one in my regular game, but made a test game to be sure it wasn't a hack conflict. (All I have installed for this is the Pleasantly Thriving recommended and required CC and I tested in the 'with families' hood so I didn't have to create a test sim). When I hover over the electronic ticketing machine the sim I'm playing as resets and then the sims in the lot all disappear. The error message the log provides is:
Code:
Object id: 38
name: N001_User00011 - Don
Stack size: 11
Error: No stack object present when required.

etc

The problem is fixed easily enough by removing the ticketing machine. I don't know if the error still occurs when the lot is owned.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 3:53 AM Last edited by poisonapple88 : 12th Jun 2018 at 1:21 AM.
Most of the time, if a Stuff Pack is missing, just those items are removed from the lots. I don't know what happens when you install them as a neighborhood though. No harm in trying. Let me know how it goes!

I'm wondering if the issues I'm having are related to this. I have all SPs and EPs except for Ikea. I installed all your required mods and the game was loading fine. When playing the Caliente's house, after about 20-30 minutes the application would crash. It was random and not from any specific pattern that I could tell. I'm able to speed up the crash if I try to generate townies.

I've spent the last few hours testing CC and trying to figure out what might be causing it. It isn't any of my original downloads, because the neighborhood crashes with only the content for this neighborhood. Any ideas?

Edit: After trying a few more things, I went into another neighborhood and couldn't get the crash to replicate. I have to suspect the issue is in the neighborhood itself. I'll have to wait for the update and try again another time

Marebear<3333
Test Subject
#149 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:17 PM
Good afternoon. I've been trying to play in this city for a long time, but I always have a game crashing when I leave the site. Especially the game crashes when I play either in the mansion Goths, or in the clothing store H & M. I have a lot of mods, but at the same time the game works fine in other cities and even in the university of your city. I tried to figure it out, but I do not understand what's the matter. My computer is powerful enough and it does not load much when playing in your city. I ask for help, since you are my last supporter. I spent a lot of energy on the city and really want to play in it, but error and crash do not allow it.
If any of the users had the same problem and you solved it, I beg to tell me how you did it.
I'm sorry for my English, I'm writing through an translator.
Test Subject
#150 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 8:14 PM
I don't know if anyone is reading this, but I've been having issues with it too. The main one is that the game crashes when I try to enter the Pleasantview Towers apts. (either in live mode or buy mode) and that I can't enter any community lots in live mode. Other than that I love it . . .
Page 6 of 7