Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

52 Shields Road - Under 35,000

by WatermelonSandal Posted 2nd Aug 2019 at 3:23 PM

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 7:47 PM
How can I let the lot work without downloading the required CC?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
How can I let the lot work without downloading the required CC?

If you want, I could create a 52a that's CC-free. It's just that I've started using quite a fair bit of CC since it works well for what I'm designing. The only CC for this lot is the plants by bienchen83.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 10:26 PM
I know there's not much CC in this house, but it's also a bit of a general question...

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I know there's not much CC in this house, but it's also a bit of a general question...

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I can't find anything on it.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 7:35 PM
@lientebollemeis

In general, many lots that say (because of MTS' guidelines) that certain cc is required (included or not) don't exactly require the cc mentioned---the key is just the function that the cc serves. All purely decorative cc, from wall coverings to custom shrubs to recolors for Maxis objects, does not actually need to exist in your game for you to download and use a lot.

What will happen if you don't also put the cc in your Downloads folder is just that it will not be there when you open the lot. For example, missing wall coverings will just show uncovered walls instead, missing recolors will just default to some Maxis color for that object, and anything missing custom meshes (shrubs and decor) will never be found on the lot at all. But that lot remains totally usable for your game in a normal way; you can cover the walls with your choice of wallpaper or whatever, and you don't need to use a stuck object remover for objects that are no longer there---missing cc in a downloaded lot just translates to nothing at all, no trace, if you open and save the lot.

By the same token, the first time you open a downloaded lot in game to check it out, be sure not to save that lot until you are sure everything is OK. Once you save, the absence of things the uploader originally included is set as permanent. This is useful because if you open a downloaded lot and suddenly realize you forgot to download cc that you *wanted*, you can just quit without saving (the whole game or to the neighborhood). Download and install that cc normally, and then the next time you open the installed and placed lot, everything will be as the creator had it.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 6:23 PM
Again a house that will go well in my "Strangetown" hood. Many thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 8:42 PM
Lots of glass, which I always like, good options for upgrade: flat roof and driveway. Good stuff.