Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 11:35 PM
Default Suit Skinning Help!
Okay, recently I decided to do a request-a judicial robe.
Now, I took a suit top and a skirt and meshed them together.
Anyho, it doesn't look the best but I do have an odd problem.
The pictures say it all-

So.
For some reason, the suit color is appearing in the middle of the skirt color.
Which confuses me..
Please, someone help?
Thanks=)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 1:44 AM
When you put the meshes together, did you change the UV mapping? Because I'm guess that's your problem.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 3:14 AM Last edited by TheoneringLOTR06 : 1st Oct 2007 at 3:01 AM.
Oh...UV map..hehe-dies-
Thanks-totally forgot about that..=P

EDIT:
I went back and changed it like I thought it would..but when it resulted in the same problem, I realized something.
What do you mean by 'change'?
Please, and thanks
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 11:02 PM
Like move parts that overlapped or connected parts that needed to be connected.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 1:10 AM
when you combined the meshes did you move them so that they meet exactly at one row? or do the meshes overlap in any way? It's either overlapping meshes, mesh edge moving due to bad bone assignments (if you put their arms out in bodyshop does anything change?), or an overlapping uvmap.

In tutorial #3, remember how I make you pull part of the leg down, and then by hand realign the uvmap to meet perfectly?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?