Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 5:28 PM
Default Are you going to stick to ts2 and ts3
Im not liking origin getting involved and unlocking things also I miss my sims in sims 2
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 5:30 PM
Gonna stay with ts3
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 5:35 PM
Me too, Nemiga. The modders about to let loose in Sims 3 and I want to see what happens. I like my game right now too.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 6:12 PM Last edited by darthesp : 13th Sep 2013 at 6:39 PM.
Um, ask me again in six months to a year...

While I'm impressed with what I've seen of CAS and build mode so far, I need to know a heckuva lot more (re: the UI, ages, GENETICS, a means to turn off story progression - if it exists) before I'd even consider ditching my long-standing TS2 families and throwing my cash at a bunch of plastic-haired, rocket-obsessed, Blanche Dubois-like emotional wrecks who lose it anytime someone pulls out a freaking violin.

But that's just me. :D
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 6:17 PM
I don't know enough about TS4 to make any decision about that yet. But I will say I'm looking for a new computer, and while I'd like to be able to play TS4 on it, my number 1 priority is making sure it can play TS2. Just in case.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 6:43 PM
I'll stick with Sims 2 unless I like how Sims 4 looks AND I don't have to register/deal with online nonsense.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 6:52 PM
forget TS2/TS3, I play TS1 more than both of those combined!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:02 PM
I gave up playing sims 2 years ago but I love how my sims 3 game is going and I am excited to see more things for game. Sims 4 hasn't shown me anything to make make me leave my sims 3.
Theorist
#9 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:04 PM
I thought I'd move onto Sims 3 but stuck with Sims 2 after finding little in the game other than pretty graphics. I really hope Sims 4 delivers what S3 didn't for me

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Theorist
#10 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:10 PM
Played TS3 for 2 years (gave the games away), then went back to TS2...for good. Been thinking about installing all the TS1 games...and will probably do that soon.

I no longer purchase any products that are distributed by Electronic Arts (as of fall 2011). So, no more new installments of the Sims for me...ever.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 8:48 PM
It's too early to say for sure, but the plan at the moment is to stick with TS3 for the foreseeable future, at least until we're 2 or 3 EPs into TS4. Then I'll have a good idea on whether I want to take the plunge and buy it or not.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 8:56 PM
Staying with Sims 2 is not possible for me due to technical reasons, but I don't know that I'll buy Sims 4 either. (I'm not interested in Sims 3.)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 8:57 PM
Definitely gonna stick with Sims 3 for a long time when I upgrade my PC. I have got too many expansions and custom contents and I have to play with them for a long time and I haven't played them In my current piece of junk PC. I haven't even tried University, Island Paradise, Seasons, Supernatural and Showtime properly. I just have lots of things to do with Sims 3!
It's been over a month since I last played Sims 3. Damn it, I miss it!
Sims 4 is just.. I don't know.. I expected to be something better. The only things that I like about Sims 4 right now are: Multitasking, Neighborhood and its details and a bit of gameplay. With GTA 5 in the corner, It just doesn't please me. I myself will get deeply in GTA for months when it releases and will say farewell to Sims for a while.
Alchemist
#14 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 8:58 PM
Still waiting on more TS4 info. As of right now with the Origin requirement, I'll be sticking with TS3
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 9:58 PM
Well, until I get news of having CASt in 4, I'm sticking with 3. Until I get customizing to my heart's desire, my wallet is staying closed.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 10:00 PM
I will most likely switch to TS4. I'm tired of all the Mac related proplems with TS3 and hopefully (!) TS4 will run as it's supposed to on my Mac. Even though I probably spent the most time playing TS1 (I was 17 when it came out) I'm not one of those people who always prefers the older games. I like trying out new things and I am cautiously optimistic about TS4 so far, even though I would love to one day see a Sims title that looked a little more realistic than this one.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 10:20 PM
Unless something comes to make the game better for me, I will likely stay with Sims 2 as I think that this game maybe the last game in the series for me as it looks wrong to me.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 10:37 PM
Ideally I'd like to move on to TS4, for the main reason it will probably run better on new computers and graphic cards. In this ideal world EA would make a great product and I would want to move up-ideally. However reality being what it is, I may have to stick with Sims 2 as my main game which will mean fiddling around to make it run as technology advances and it doesn't. That is my main worry that TS2 at some point simply won't play. Some people have had quite a bit of trouble already. TS3 I will continue to play as a side game. I probably will buy at least TS4 base game at some point, but I will be surprised it it turns out to be more than yet another side game. I'd love it to become my main game, but who can answer this question yet when we have hardly seen anything of it? Guess I'm a completest as I have all the Sims games and most EP's made from TS1toTS3 including the Sims Stories and Medieval. Yeah I hate to think just how much money I have a spent.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#19 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimia no Tama
Well, until I get news of having CASt in 4, I'm sticking with 3. Until I get customizing to my heart's desire, my wallet is staying closed.

Amen. I've been saying this since it was made official that CASt wasn't going to be in the Base Game. So for now, I'm living in my TS3 world. Check back in about a year after TS4 launches and its got it's bugs worked out and a couple of EP's, then MAYBE (operative word) I'll have another serious look at it.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#20 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 11:19 PM
I expect I'll move on to Sims 4....Sims 3 is okay, but feels incomplete to me. I stopped playing Sims 2 ages ago and not sure I could go back now.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 12:08 AM
Well, The Sims 4 isn't looking too great so far to me. I think I will part with my sims 3 game only on 2 conditions. 1. The game runs without any infinite loops or some game breaking glitch that is unavoidable and doesn't detract from the overall experience anyway, and 2. The hair stops looking like a chunk of plastic fused onto their heads. If these two things aren't given to me I'll stick with Sims 3

Still is the water green and thick,
He'll drag you under with his stick,
See flaxen gold floats there through the mist,
He killed someone's daughter with his wick,
An arm with grey skin bobs slowly in the pit.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 1:59 AM
From what I know about TS4 at the moment, they haven't convinced me that this is worth buying. That might change, but right now, I'm way more excited about a TS3 that I don't have to patch und where I don't have to update mods except for any new ones that might get done once patching isn't such an issue any more.

I just went back to TS2 for a while, but it doesn't hold my interest. And I can't look at them for long. Holy gigantic forehead, Batman!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 7:36 AM
I'm sticking with 3 for at least a few years. The time I have for playing is so little I have done next to nothing in my game, or that's how I feel. Also I'm really looking forward for TS3 to become a static game. Oh, how lovely it will feel not to have to constantly wait for the next update, next EP, next patch.

TS4 doesn't look bad in my eyes. The sim sounds fun, emotions could be interesting if EA does it right. Some things I'm not ecstatic about like no wants/fears, or how the world looks but with CC and mods I'm sure the game will turn out quite lovely. But, I have not yet seen anything that would make me want to go out and buy it. They keep throwing around those few situations about multitasking and emotions I'm starting to feel that's all they have coded so far and this might end up just like another "tons of interactions for toddlers" situation.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 9:21 AM
Considering how poorly optimised sims3 is, I might make the switch to sims4. Sims 3 just doesnt run smoothly for me. It used to, but it got worse with each expansion. At this point I just dont buy expansions anymore because of the performance decrease.
My game also got rather corrupted over the years, most supernatural stuff doesnt even work, and neither does story progression.

My PC is still pretty good, can run shogun 2 total war on highest settings so its a waste of money to upgrade it already. At the moment its only sims 3 and Rome 2 that cause issues. The latter's issues might be resolved through upcoming patches however.
If it does come to it that I buy a new PC next year, I'd probably get all remaining sims 3 expansions though and restart over again fresh, with a hopefully smooth experience.

Thats the thing they need to work on the most by the way for sims 4: keeping it optimised so that it will run fine no matter how many expansions you install.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 9:24 AM
I'm waiting until Sims 4 is released to decide if I'll buy it. Haven't seen anything so far that makes me interested in it.
Page 1 of 12