Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#826 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 10:57 AM
That is kind of sad because TS4 is supposed to be the most customisable game in the entire franschise. However, there is no colour wheel, pattern maker, apartments buildable from scratch, 3D maps, home businesses, lots that can be put in the world and so on.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#827 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 4:00 PM
It is going to be very interesting to see how this all fits into the theme of the new world also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViMYGe-MtbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdubdkM-2c&t=406s

and there are others...
Field Researcher
#828 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 4:41 PM
And the next Sims 4 Cash Gra... For Rent Expansion pack trailer is here.

Features such as apartments, tenants etc that should've been aded to City Living packaged in a new pack called expansion because it has new world and a kitchen (we know how harD this is for EA to make because so many pieces!!). And let's not forget reskinned festivals and food as new features. Enjoy!
Mad Poster
#829 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 4:56 PM
Yeah this very much feels like an extension of City Living. Right down to it including something that I hated City Living for excluding. Unfortunately....that's enough to reel me in. I've been wanting buildable apartments for years so while I'm not completely blown away by most of this pack's features (I don't even really care about the whole landlord aspect, if we're being honest) I'm still getting this. I'll at least get more use out of it than that dumb ass horse expansion, anyway

The Receptacle still lives!
Theorist
#830 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 5:43 PM
Has there been any mention whether apartment building is limited to the new world or not? I can see Maxis throwing that monkey wrench into things...
Mad Poster
#831 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 5:55 PM
That would be an incredibly stupid thing to limit to just one world. But, then again, it's not like they haven't limited apartments to just one world before.

Mad Poster
#832 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 8:48 PM Last edited by daisylee : 2nd Nov 2023 at 10:25 PM.
I hope Clint reviews it. I am sure I will not get at release but perhaps later if a good sale. Like half off.
Mad Poster
#833 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 9:12 PM
Where are my spiral stairs and elevators EA?

How do you have an apartment building without an elevator?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#834 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicboy
And the next Sims 4 Cash Gra... For Rent Expansion pack trailer is here.

Features such as apartments, tenants etc that should've been aded to City Living packaged in a new pack called expansion because it has new world and a kitchen (we know how harD this is for EA to make because so many pieces!!). And let's not forget reskinned festivals and food as new features. Enjoy!

Even based on the trailer, this looks incredibly....thin. And they usually manage to make the packs looks bigger in the trailers.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#835 Old 2nd Nov 2023 at 11:58 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 10th Nov 2023 at 12:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
That would be an incredibly stupid thing to limit to just one world. But, then again, it's not like they haven't limited apartments to just one world before.

Also, I can envision how awkward and crappy it would be with San Myshuno staying with the same apartment system it has right now (like I’m no programmer, but I don’t see how they rehaul the whole system with shell buildings functioning as a seperate lots of a neighborhood).

Honestly, I still find it stupid how they go about shrinking down packs where even titles sound ludicrous. Imagine if TS2 and TS3 had “for Rent as an EXPANSION pack. Conceptuazation of everything lis the norm nowadays in the sims production, but I still don’t like it.

Honestly, starting with Horse Ranch the exlansions are annoying me now and this crap is supported.

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Right down to it including something that I hated City Living for excluding. Unfortunately....that's enough to reel me in. […] I'm still getting this. I'll at least get more use out of it than that dumb ass horse expansion, anyway

LOL. Are you, or are you not?

Unfortunately, I feel like at this point they will keep releasing these kind of expansion packs, that aren’t expansion packs (reskin of game packs). CAS & BB content is what will entice players to get the packs, mostly cause its easier to design that instead of brilliant and never-before mechanics into game. Horses and Redoing An Element That Should been Done The First Time is now where (or shall I say What) expansioncs are about from now on (oh, I forgot also High School. I wouldn’t maybe forgotten it if a whole ass VENUE was classified as EP Worse Generations Contender)

@Matrix56 Elevators are in City (slang) Giving and Spiral Stairs await in Get Up Or Down Floor expansion pack.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#836 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 1:54 AM
I like what it adds, but... it's not much. Much like the horse pack, this feels like a Game Pack at best.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#837 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 2:27 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 3rd Nov 2023 at 4:19 AM.
I like it, but I feel like a feature is missing. Whatever, he's a list of new, returning, or new rarer objects in the trailer.

- Squat Toilet
- Pressure Cooker
- Electric Kettle
- Minifridge
- Drink Tray
- Water Heater
- Fuse Box
- Marbles
- Hopscotch (5 tiles long )
- Large Stuffed Animal
- Communal Mailbox
- Solar Power Water Heater
- Pool Lounge Chair

Scholar
#838 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 2:36 AM Last edited by Citysim : 3rd Nov 2023 at 2:48 AM.
A new world of course, that's all you pay for including a new radio station, as a see in black & white there is very few new gameplay elements.

Imagine a pack for a change were they could just focus only on the gameplay.
Mad Poster
#839 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 4:02 AM
And a new world is a main factor when I do purchase something.
Forum Resident
#840 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 4:24 AM
Good lord, right down to the world they designed and the design inspiration from non-Western cultures, it's painfully obvious that this is an expansion pack for an expansion pack. Hell, I'm not convinced that this isn't content that was supposed to be in City Living from the beginning that got cut when the EA execs got dollar sign eyes.

This does not look like enough gameplay to warrant an Expansion Pack price tag...it looks like a Game Pack at most. "Yeah, let's just add in a ~*new world*~ that doesn't look all that different from San Myshuno so that we can use it as leverage for why it's a $40 pack instead of a free update for those who own City Living!!"

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#841 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 4:32 AM
I hope we can add actual amenities from other packs to increase Sim interest, or to create *those* kind of rentals. Like, will an on site pool, laundry room, or gym/spa equipment make Sims happier? Will they leave their apartments to use them autonomously?

One of the trailer lots had vendors on it. Maybe vendors work autonomously on these lots? We could add shops fr modern buildings.

I hope we can set apartment rules as an owner: no parties, no loud noises, no pets, no children, no fighting, etc.

I hope there’s higher quality versions of the solar panel water heater, basement water heater, and and fuse box for higher quality apartments. Additionally, I hope those can be used on normal lots.

Lastly, there better be more than one apartment door! The trailer and renders only used ONE apartment door. The dormitory door from Discover University is the perfect apartment door, with fairly decent colors.

Mad Poster
#842 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

LOL. Are you, or are you not? :P

I mean, I did say it was enough to win me over, didn't I?

Field Researcher
#843 Old 4th Nov 2023 at 4:07 AM
I think the apartment system looks interesting. I hope it supports multiple playable households.
Mad Poster
#844 Old 4th Nov 2023 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
I think the apartment system looks interesting. I hope it supports multiple playable households.

They mentioned multiple households can occupy a single lot. They also didn't say what the cap for the amount of families on a single lot was. I doubt we can put 40 households on a single lot like the mailbox we saw before, but 4 as a maximum is AOK for me (8 * 4 = 32 Sims).

I wish this pack also introduced cars/garages so we don't have to struggle with what Sims will own what garage or parking space later.

Scholar
#845 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 1:33 PM Last edited by Citysim : 5th Nov 2023 at 1:45 PM.
I stopped buying packs up to High School Years, even then then I felt I spent too much and and supported the game far too late, this year has been a record of 3 EPs in a single year and less not mention the Kits and a SP, too, there been no value-for-money GPs since Werewolfs in 2022, in Australia all DLC must be getting very close to 2K of DLC, clearly making it the most by far the most expensive game to date, talk about an addiction, just like smoking you just can't stop, i'm so sick overpriced EPs which give you a small little World, Music, Objects, CAS gear, plus only a little bit of new gameplay.

I don't play anymore, but I still just to check in here just to see what dumb ideas they keep coming up next, to drain your wallets.
Forum Resident
#846 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I stopped buying packs up to High School Years, even then then I felt I spent too much and and supported the game far too late, this year has been a record of 3 EPs in a single year and less not mention the Kits and a SP, too, there been no value-for-money GPs since Werewolfs in 2022, in Australia all DLC must be getting very close to 2K of DLC, clearly making it the most by far the most expensive game to date, talk about an addiction, just like smoking you just can't stop, i'm so sick overpriced EPs which give you a small little World, Music, Objects, CAS gear, plus only a little bit of new gameplay.

I don't play anymore, but I still just to check in here just to see what dumb ideas they keep coming up next, to drain your wallets.

Yeah same, I haven't bought the Horse Ranch yet (will consider it when it's in 50% sale, maybe. I'm not exactly in hurry with it.) and won't buy the For Rent for full price either, they just don't feel worth the price at all anymore. All the possibilities and they repack old ideas in a new shell and resell it as a new EP. Apartments like this should have been included already in City Living. Horses* should have been included with pets OR these two packs should be sold as game packs they truly are. Upselling them as EPs when they don't have EP worth of content is almost criminal. Also the new kitchen pack didn't deserve to be stuff pack when it had kit's worth of content.

*yes even with all the animation they required, and like I've said before I understand why they sold it as EP since animating is expensive and takes tons of work but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it

But this seems to be the trend now, they claim they're listening to people who wanted more EPs and stuff packs when in reality they're just upselling kits and game packs as stuff packs and expansion packs so they get more money for less content. I still play occasionally but it's getting rarer and rarer that I bother opening it up since I do so rarely that every time I get itch to play there's always been a patch or three between and then instead of playing I'm doing the dance to update my mods and then I no longer feel like playing after all. I wish they just ended it already so modders could take over, fix everything wrong with the game and make it playable. Maybe then I could get back to playing it. In the meanwhile I foresee Baldur's Gate keeping me entertained for months to come.
Field Researcher
#847 Old 6th Nov 2023 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
They mentioned multiple households can occupy a single lot. They also didn't say what the cap for the amount of families on a single lot was. I doubt we can put 40 households on a single lot like the mailbox we saw before, but 4 as a maximum is AOK for me (8 * 4 = 32 Sims).

I wish this pack also introduced cars/garages so we don't have to struggle with what Sims will own what garage or parking space later.

Which is why I remain unconvinced. If you can move up to 4 playable households into a single lot why not just say that.

With city living they viewed apartments through the lens of a gameplay experience and not as a utility for the player. They’ve went somewhat in detail about all of the different gameplay experiences that come with these new apartments and imo they may just be a backdrop for the landlord gameplay.
Mad Poster
#848 Old 7th Nov 2023 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
Which is why I remain unconvinced. If you can move up to 4 playable households into a single lot why not just say that.

With city living they viewed apartments through the lens of a gameplay experience and not as a utility for the player. They’ve went somewhat in detail about all of the different gameplay experiences that come with these new apartments and imo they may just be a backdrop for the landlord gameplay.

Which is part of why I dislike City Living. It's all set dressing. The city is fake. The apartments are fake. The festivals are fake. I'd have settled for fake apartments (being in high rises and whatnot), but not being able to create a festival because it was intended to be a gameplay feature accessible from all lots in the neighborhood irritated me (and still does). Even still, as a builder, I cannot create anything remotely close to a festival.

The team is so focused on storytelling, they limit the ability for builders to build anything that isn't a house or a basic community lot.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#849 Old 9th Nov 2023 at 11:59 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 10th Nov 2023 at 12:15 AM.
Well, it’s City Living, not City Making or Build a City.

To live in a city? $40 an expansion!
To put a house For Rent? That’s another 40$ expansion pack Isn’t that what you paid for it to get?

Honestly, i could only wish EA was brutally honest with their naming conventions:

High School? Why not “One School” ?
Seasons? Why not “Climate Change”, as there not much snow

See, you can name a pack Cats & Dogs and you can get away for not including horses or hamsters with other smaller pets, Consumers can’t and shouldn’t b…tch for what the pack doesn’t entice with the tagline.

ETA:
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
G) Apartments Again, But Build 'Em EP (if they ultimately run out of ideas, but slightly plausible as they been reusing themes within the own Game)

Oh my Lord...... I actually predicted even though I had forgotten I said in the original post (I had contradicted myself). Also, I only now realized and noticed that I'm the one who created this thread

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#850 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 3:26 AM
A new trailer dropped and there were 6 (unsure if more) units per lot. Also, the unit colors of the outlines changed from clip to clip. I anticipate this technology will be used to create hostels/motels/hotels/resorts soon, and possibly mixed zoning lots.

I want hot water heaters on residential lots to add to basements. I want functional radiators & AC units. I want residential rentals to act like vacation homes if no one live there.

Page 34 of 48