Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shadows of Gwrych Medieval Neighborhood (45 Lots TOTAL)

by StephSim Posted 30th May 2010 at 7:27 AM - Updated 9th Jan 2016 at 7:18 PM by StephSim : Updating Text

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 7:08 PM
Well Chicklet, the problem has been solved with the Collegio Institute Manor DORM. Thank you for pointing it out.

The lot did not have a mailbox, which made it load in Build Mode. The file in Post 8 has been updated. I have also updated the Teleport Files in the "ALLGwrychLots_2of7" zip in the Main Post.

I also made a few interior changes and repackaged the lot without the STUFF PACKS. Now, I'm off to work on my newer Gwrych lots.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#77 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 4:45 AM
Amazing downloads. Just one thing though: There were no pianos in medieval times! Hehehe.
Test Subject
#78 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 12:35 AM
What an great job and great project. Thanks so much, but one quistion. I can't find post 1 to make sure I have downloaded the user objects? This page seems to start with post 2?? Please set me straight.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 9:43 PM
Hey StephSim,

I'm a fan of your work and always appreciate the downloads. I would love to have this neighborhood but I’m having some trouble. Okay, well I’ve downloaded all the necessary components that you specified and, as far as I know, extracted them into the proper files. Yet, unfortunately not any of the lots or neighborhoods seem to want to show up on the game once stated. Is it something I’m doing wrong? Please help.

~ArtistHeart
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 4:24 PM
Pideli.
- Of course. I included a few "non-medieval" items throughout the Gwrych Project. But, until now, I didn't have many options to entertain my medieval Simmies! Luckily, there are quite a few more appropriate instruments and forms of medieval Sim entertainment out there these days! Enjoy the lots!

kmara61,
Sorry for the late reply. Post 1 is the Overview Post, but the files are found under the Download Tab. Scroll down to the bottom and the files are located there.

ArtistHeart,
Not showing up at all!

Understand that you must select the neighbourhood map (just as you would if you wanted to use Maxis hoods), give it a name and then add each Gwrych lot to the neighbourhood yourself. It is not an instant neighbourhood. Due to the amount of objects used and the massive number of lots included, I opted to simply provide the hoods and lots for you to put it together yourself. While it's not perfectly convenient, I think it beats having to build the hood yourself from scratch.

With that said.
First - Make sure you have the Neighbourhood maps in the proper folder. They belong in the SC4Terrains Folder. Each neighbourhood map has 6 files (the SC4 file and 5 images).

Second - With the objects (regardless of how you downloaded them), you need to place all the objects in your Downloads Folder.

Third - As for the lots not showing up in the lots bin. Two things.
1st Thing - If you downloaded the individual lots from the Comments section, make sure you click on the lot packages and load each lot using Sims2PackCleanInstaller. Then, you should be able to locate them in the Lots Bin in game. If you downloaded the (lot files from Post 1 in the Overview Section under the Download Tab), those files DO NOT go in the Downloads Folder. They must be placed in the Teleport Folder.

2nd Thing - Lots not showing in the lots bin can be related to having user created objects that have names that Sims2PackCleanInstaller does not recognize. This can be resolved by making sure you have the latest version of Sims2PackCleanInstaller installed. The February 2012 version 1.6.16 fixed this problem. So the latest version should clear this problem as well.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/409950

Hope this helps and hope you can get the lots to show in the bin and Gwrych underway. Let me know.

~*~stephanie~*~

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 4:23 AM
Never ceases to amaze me the work you put into your lots, thank you Steph. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#82 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 10:35 PM
You are welcomed.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 12:28 AM
Thank You!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 6:13 PM
:D Wow this whole series is awesome! Thank you! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 3:55 PM
Can`t find "Forge Set" by Buntah :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 1st May 2015 at 4:36 PM
Great!! I cant also find the forge set deadlink. but still great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 4:54 PM
I found Buntah's Forge Set. It can be found at TSR. Link - http://www.thesimsresource.com/memb...ims2/id/185014/
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#88 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 7:52 AM
Thank you for all your work. I'm rebuilding my medieval file, and having so many items in one place is very helpful. I also love the look of and attention to detail in your lots, and will include some in the next neighbourhood I create.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:27 AM
Thanks for creating all of this! I can't wait to test it out. ^.^ My only concern is that the fix for Edta's counter seems to be gone. Does anyone here have it or know another place I could find it? o.o
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 5:15 PM
Wow, this is massive! Thanks so much. I just started building my own medieval world from the ground up and I so appreciate the effort and your talent. I can't say thanks enough, but thanks again.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:07 PM Last edited by StephSim : 9th Jan 2016 at 7:20 PM.
My apologies about the delayed responses and dead links. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you Simicide for sharing the Buntah link. I have updated it in the main thread.

Beautiful Monster, I've updated the thread and added the "repaired" Edta files to the downloads. However, you do not need those files for Gwrych to work properly. At this juncture, there are better alternatives to those counters. But, they were widely used by period and grunge lot builders back in the day. The original Edta files shared the same GUID with a maxis window. But, I did not use Edta's counters in Gwrych at all. I am only including the "fixed" files as a courtesy for those who have the original files in their game.

At any rate...thank you to all of those who commented. Happy Simming!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 4:22 PM
Thank you! This is amazing. I have never left a note before; however, you are more than deserving! Again, thank you.
Test Subject
#93 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 11:42 PM
Hi StephSim!

First thing first, your work is awsome!

I have a problem with the Science instute. When I'm in construction mode and click on the lot, I have a fatal error and the game crash. All other lots work fine. I have delete and reinstall this lot but always the same problem.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#94 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Uneekey
Thank you! This is amazing. I have never left a note before; however, you are more than deserving! Again, thank you.

Thank you and you are welcomed Uneekey. I hope your medievish hood is all you hoped it would be.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 8:05 AM Last edited by StephSim : 9th Oct 2016 at 8:18 AM. Reason: Typos
A Possible Solution
Hi Servule!

I'm sorry you are having trouble loading the lot.

I loaded a fresh version of this lot into an empty game (with no other user created downloads) to test it. It loaded fine in both the main neighborhood and the University neighborhood 'without' crashing. This being the case, I suspect the problem is hidden in your Downloads folder. Hopefully, we can find a solution for you.

First, it could be the typical you don't have all the required EPs and SPs issue or that you forgot to load all 4 necessary Gwrych zip downloads. To check for required EPs and SPs...Click on the download/requirements tab and compare the EPs and SPs to the games you have loaded. When I first started Gwrych I did not know about Any Game Starter, so I built lots with all EPs and SPs I had at the time. In addition, many of the objects used for Medieval purposes required EPs beyond the basic. So double check your EPs and SPs. For the second issue, make sure you added all Gwrych files to your Downloads folder. Either of these things could be issues.

Although, I doubt that the above mentioned suggestions are your problem, since you loaded the other lots without issue. For this particular lot, most objects used in the lot were BG, NL, OFB and SSNs. Since this lot is built quite simple and the objects all safe (meaning they are not hacks, they are objects used for years without issues or that they are simple recolors of Maxis objects), which leads to the second potential cause.

It could be an object conflict. I believe there may be an object conflict between something in my lot (to include Maxis items) and one of the objects in your Downloads Folder. If this is the case, there is very little I can do because it could be any one of the objects you already have and is really not about the lot, but about two random objects conflicting. For instance, someone once created a door by cloning a Maxis one, but forgot to give it a new GUID. So, every time that door is placed in the Downloads Folder, it could cause the game to crash when a lot is loaded into your game that uses that particular Maxis door. These types of conflicts are difficult (but not impossible) to track down. It's typically a shared GUID issue, but that is not the only type of object conflict unfortunately.

The final problem may be an "old school" fault of mine. Back in the day, I didn't realize that it is better not to raise the edges of the terrain on a lot. So, I've loaded the lot, ensured that there is at least 1 tile of flat space around the entire lot, cleaned it up a bit and resaved it.

HERE IS AN UPDATED VERSION
This Updated Version only requires UNI, NL, OFB, SSN, BV and MG. No Stuff Packs. I also replaced the Witch Podiums with functional Sophie-David Lecterns with Medieval Teachable books included, as well as added a few "sciency" clutter bits that did not exist when I originally created the lot. I also removed a few extra attached recolors and added more uniformed recolors for the furnishings. Regardless, this version should work for you. I kept the edits true to the original design and mainly focused on ensuring that the edges of the lot are not slanted. An image and additional credit information is included. Here is the link to download this slightly improved version:
http://simfileshare.net/download/123187/

Load this version of the lot into your game and let me know if it fixes your problem. If it does, I'll add this particular link to the main thread for others who run into this problem. This doesn't impact everyone, but it can happen. I prefer this be the issue, because at least it's a problem I can fix for you. Otherwise, you may have to forgo the lot since that will mean there is a conflict with some random object you already have in your game.

Hope this helps and please let me know if it fixes the problem for you.

Quote: Originally posted by servule
Hi StephSim!

First thing first, your work is awesome!

I have a problem with the Science Institute. When I'm in construction mode and click on the lot, I have a fatal error and the game crash. All other lots work fine. I have delete and reinstall this lot but always the same problem.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 11:05 PM
This, was absolutely, positively, an exquisite labor of love. It couldn't be any clearer as such. Thank you. So, very, VERY much for creating a real, "living, breathing" Sims 2 town for those of us whom love theme play, especially medieval! Like with any other labor of love, I'm sure you had rough spells, getting things to work right, look right, and all mesh so very, intricately, seamlessly together...But, the work paid off in spades! And truly, "thank you", just doesn't seem to me, to be enough to say, in gratitude for the fact you not only made this for yourself and maybe a few friends...But you shared it here, openly, freely, and for everyone to enjoy! I'm still working through the various posts about each section and lot, and I'm having a blast, doing that as well! I love how you themed the way you wrote for everything, heh! And, the pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Knowing the lots and town will appear even MORE so, in play itself, has me as giddy as a kid knowing they're getting exactly what they want, for their birthday!*LOL*

StephSim, you are jaw-dropping talented, as others have gushed (and rightly so!). But you're also incredibly generous to share your work and to help people whom may have had any issue with any of the lots or CC used. Again, just thank you, so sincerely!
Instructor
#97 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 5:31 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 22nd Nov 2016 at 3:16 AM.
Hi StephSim..First I wanted to say I am a big fan of your creations..and I have downloaded the objects only for a long time now..but now I wanted to download everything lol..so started doing that..but am having problems with several of the downloads..

Ok, I finally got all of them downloaded yepie lol..

The ones that wouldn't download I couldn't get them to download with ZIP..so used WIN instead and they went through..now for the big test lol..going into the game and seeing if they are all there..

Thank you so much for your hard work and awesome creations.. :D

Sorry for posting this before I tried out all options..

I have everything downloaded and omgosh..awesome job girl..now it is time to set things up..took all your posts without the pictures and copied and pasted it to an office program..otherwise if I had printed off everything it was going to be 82 pages now it's only 38 pages if I don't print off the written parts then I would have to juggle back and forth from the game to here..it's much easier to print and read lol..I hope..

Thank you again for your hard work and awesome creations and designs both you and your husband
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#98 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 4:09 AM
It looks as though you got it all worked out Broomhilda! David told me you had a question...Is everything working for you?

Sorry for the lack of replies. It's been a strange few months for me personally and I am catching up before disappearing again for Christmas break. I've got a few updates to do to my website (as I will only update it 2 to 3 times a year).

Thank you for you kind words and for taking the time to figure it all out. I shall chat you up a bit at Cherry Blossoms before Christmas. Until then...

~*~Stephanie~*~
Instructor
THANKS POST
#99 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 5:04 AM
It's ok Steph...

Sorry I didn't get back with you as well..I got all the houses/lots downloaded but now I can't get any of them in the game..they are not in the bin..I have downloaded several others and they worked but non of yours did..not sure what I am doing wrong..

Hope to see you over at Cherry Blossom Sims..can't wait..

~hugs and smiles

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family..Steph..
Test Subject
#100 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 2:13 PM
Hi StephSim!

Sorry for the delay (I know it's a lot of time ...). I have all EP and SP and all the 4 necessary Gwrych zip downloads.. I have too much cc downloaded since I switched to "medieval times" to check them all to find the "wrong object" so I downloaded the latest update and it works fine.

Thank you very much for your help. You are very kind! :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
Hi Servule!

I'm sorry you are having trouble loading the lot.

I loaded a fresh version of this lot into an empty game (with no other user created downloads) to test it. It loaded fine in both the main neighborhood and the University neighborhood 'without' crashing. This being the case, I suspect the problem is hidden in your Downloads folder. Hopefully, we can find a solution for you.

First, it could be the typical you don't have all the required EPs and SPs issue or that you forgot to load all 4 necessary Gwrych zip downloads. To check for required EPs and SPs...Click on the download/requirements tab and compare the EPs and SPs to the games you have loaded. When I first started Gwrych I did not know about Any Game Starter, so I built lots with all EPs and SPs I had at the time. In addition, many of the objects used for Medieval purposes required EPs beyond the basic. So double check your EPs and SPs. For the second issue, make sure you added all Gwrych files to your Downloads folder. Either of these things could be issues.

Although, I doubt that the above mentioned suggestions are your problem, since you loaded the other lots without issue. For this particular lot, most objects used in the lot were BG, NL, OFB and SSNs. Since this lot is built quite simple and the objects all safe (meaning they are not hacks, they are objects used for years without issues or that they are simple recolors of Maxis objects), which leads to the second potential cause.

It could be an object conflict. I believe there may be an object conflict between something in my lot (to include Maxis items) and one of the objects in your Downloads Folder. If this is the case, there is very little I can do because it could be any one of the objects you already have and is really not about the lot, but about two random objects conflicting. For instance, someone once created a door by cloning a Maxis one, but forgot to give it a new GUID. So, every time that door is placed in the Downloads Folder, it could cause the game to crash when a lot is loaded into your game that uses that particular Maxis door. These types of conflicts are difficult (but not impossible) to track down. It's typically a shared GUID issue, but that is not the only type of object conflict unfortunately.

The final problem may be an "old school" fault of mine. Back in the day, I didn't realize that it is better not to raise the edges of the terrain on a lot. So, I've loaded the lot, ensured that there is at least 1 tile of flat space around the entire lot, cleaned it up a bit and resaved it.

HERE IS AN UPDATED VERSION
This Updated Version only requires UNI, NL, OFB, SSN, BV and MG. No Stuff Packs. I also replaced the Witch Podiums with functional Sophie-David Lecterns with Medieval Teachable books included, as well as added a few "sciency" clutter bits that did not exist when I originally created the lot. I also removed a few extra attached recolors and added more uniformed recolors for the furnishings. Regardless, this version should work for you. I kept the edits true to the original design and mainly focused on ensuring that the edges of the lot are not slanted. An image and additional credit information is included. Here is the link to download this slightly improved version:
http://simfileshare.net/download/123187/

Load this version of the lot into your game and let me know if it fixes your problem. If it does, I'll add this particular link to the main thread for others who run into this problem. This doesn't impact everyone, but it can happen. I prefer this be the issue, because at least it's a problem I can fix for you. Otherwise, you may have to forgo the lot since that will mean there is a conflict with some random object you already have in your game.

Hope this helps and please let me know if it fixes the problem for you.
Page 4 of 5