Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Download Organiser - v1.2.6365 updated 6th June 2017

by Tashiketh Posted 11th Apr 2007 at 3:54 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2020 at 4:57 PM by Tashiketh : Updated bbcode for headers

1661 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1565 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 26 of 67
Lab Assistant
#626 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 5:27 PM Last edited by glacier1701 : 21st Apr 2007 at 5:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by miros1
Glacier, is rebooting your machine associated with SimPE starting to work again? Reinstalling SimPE might also improve things.

Hmmm not something I tried when I reboot to see if SimPE works or not - I am assuming trying SimPE out immediately out after a reboot. I did redownload, reinstall etc and that didnt change anything. Not worried really about it since with Seasons should be a new SimPE along soon and then I'll worry if the same thing starts up. Main thing of note is that if I use the shortcut it boots up fine but I can only do paintings...I try to open a package file and it hangs. If I use DDO and then use that to call SimPE to open a file also hangs. Anyways this is kinda off topic -

Back on topic - one feature I do like about S2CPI is the preview. While this is not always helpful for some things it does allow me to take a look at what the item is and decide on it WITHOUT need to either open SimPE or go into the game. Would it be possible to add that as an option to DDO perhaps as a seperate option perhaps even just a seperate plugin? Coupled with what is already in DDO this would just about cover everything for the average user without them having to go into SimPE or the game to see the item.

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#627 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alasdair
I have downloaded it from both sites and I get the same results. I get a message that says the header is corrupt, so I dont know if it is extracting properly or not. It looks wonderful and I can't wait to try it. It sure sounds like it might solve a few problems that I am having.

Thanks,
Alasdair

If WinRAR is giving you the corrupt header message, then you need to download yet again. You should not get any such messages!

If DDO is giving you the corrupt header message, exactly when is it happening? When you start it? When you're supposed to choose the Downloads directory? When it starts scanning?
Lab Assistant
#628 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 6:53 PM Last edited by simsjeanie : 24th Apr 2007 at 11:23 AM.
First of all: you're my hero!

I discovered your wonderful DDO two days ago (after a few months on "sims-turkey") and I was absolutely delighted!

(Problem look to the "Edit")

I love your DDO anyway, because it helped me so much to reorganize my DL-Folder. It scanned each single subfolder inclusive my "dunnowhat"-Folder, which is empty now, because I know now, what' behind the mysterious amount of numbers

Edit:

may be important for german users only

My problem was:

Quote:
The only thing, that I can't get to work is the command: "Rightclick with SimPe" - just to see the Orphan-item or something the doublette. The programm tells me (in German language), that it can't do that, "because there is no programm asigned" (or something like that, sorry for my poor English).

After surfing around, I found the following at:

http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/si...he-SimPE-Source

posted by Quaxi on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:42: "The Value Strg is not known."

So I tried to get the .NET framework-files from the american Side of Windows instead of Windows.de
But unfortunately I couldn’t get it to work. There seem to be so many files the windows-guy links hidden-internal with each other, that there is allways german-language-files inside. (The only thing I got was an absolutely horrifying crash that caused me 72 hours of restoring my system, because the security-marks for resetting the system, that I set before deinstalling and reinstalling the ".NET frameword1.1" and "-2.0", refused to do their duty!)

Has nothing to do at all with the Delphys amazing DDO - I love it more than I can tell - but as a german user I won't try to use the "right-click on SimPe" in future.
Test Subject
#629 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 2:34 PM
Yay! Great thing with a small size *hug* thank you so much for your effort put in this ^^
Lab Assistant
#630 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 4:54 PM
I LOVE YOU!!! WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Thankyou so much for this, it is the best thing ever! My game runs so much better with all of the crap (that i couldn't locate before this) out of it!
Test Subject
#631 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 10:22 PM
It is WinRAR that is giving me the corrupt header. I have redownloaded it several times but it is always the same. I was able to get it to extract finally and I love it. It took care of most of the Skin issues I had been having.

Thanks so much,

Alasdair
Lab Assistant
#632 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 11:26 PM
Glad you got it installed, Alasdair! It's a great program, and when the last few kinks are worked out, it will be wonderful!
Test Subject
#633 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 1:03 AM
I agree. The orphans part has me a bit confused cause it keeps telling me that my Slim Bodybuilder and classic pinup files are orphans. I know I have a couple of orphans but not as many as it was saying.

But other than that I love it. I love the fact that it can scan the folders and find the duplicates and get rid of them, because I am bad about that.

I love it,

Alasdair
Forum Resident
#634 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 8:15 PM
wow this is great. Since I started Simming again recently I will get use!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Mad Poster
#635 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 4:48 AM
Hi Delphy (in case you're not really on a break!) and everyone else who's been kind enough to help out on this thread,

I still have a few non-orphaned orphans showing up:
Atavera's Music-Guitar-no amp (Hack)
Numenor's All Placement Sign Open/Close (Global Mod)
Compulsive D's Dreads (Hair)
Tiggerypum's Male swim trunks (clothes)
OBJ_Ferrywheel_JasanaLOD90 (object mesh)
BobL_SewingMachine_AllGames_col_en (object mesh w/recolors)
2 recolors of K8's MaverickAStripe Hi-chair
2 recolors of K8's Winter Wood window
a recolor of simtomatic/simatomic's (?) homely-rollerblind
a few rugs based on echo's meshes
and some more I won't list (snore, snore...)

I know I have the needed meshes for the above files... what other reason could there be for them showing as orphans?

For the recolors, could it be that the creator changed the GUID, and the recolor wasn't updated? If that's the problem, can I fix it with SimPE? How? Just change the GUID to match the mesh?

Thanks,
Catherine

PS - I hope Delphy is on a really nice vacation somewhere - after ALL this work I'm sure it's much needed!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#636 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 8:21 AM
Hacks and Global Mods should not ever appear in the orphans list - if they do that means it's not categorising them properly.

For the rest, I assume you are running the latest version I posted a few days ago.

As for a vacation. I'm not actually on a vacation I'm just taking a break from stuff for a while.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#637 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 12:28 PM
I hope you enjoy your break, I'm certain you need it after all the work you've put in! I just wanted to thank you and say this Organiser was much longed for and appreciated.

Thank you, enjoy your rest.
Mad Poster
#638 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 4:45 PM
Delphy,
I'm using the one from the top of the page - last updated on the 14th. I was under the impression the version posted in #603 was only for specific people (with certain problems) to use. Should I be using that one too?

Thank you for your help,
Catherine
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#639 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 5:21 PM
catherine, yes, use the one in #603 please

Mad Poster
#640 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 6:08 PM
Hi Delphy,

I went ahead and installed #603, so it could run it's initial scan while I was having lunch (No, it didn't make my sandwich for me... pity...) I'm going to run the orphan scan in just a second...

FYI: It listed two unknowns:
Numenor_GlobalMod_SSN-Guitar-for-Atavera-Hack.package (The Rock Hammer)
childrensleepover.package (which might be from Squingy?)

I'll post again if I still have strange 'orphan' issues. THANK YOU very much for your patience!

Catherine
Test Subject
#641 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 6:22 PM
Hey i have everything but it wo't work for me. Everytime i click the download organiser icon it says there isn't a folder. Help!

~Hotgymnast120~
Lab Assistant
#642 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 7:30 PM
Are you clicking the "Download Organizer" executable that you unzipped, or have you made a shortcut to it? It will not run from a shortcut.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#643 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 8:57 PM
Catherine, those should not be listed as orphans. Can you tell me what it's detected the type as? Replacement?

Lab Assistant
#644 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 1:12 AM
spelling error, when search for duplicates it comes up with 'There Where X.....'
instead of 'There Were X....'
Mad Poster
#645 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:37 AM
Hi again Delphy,

[Side comment for Miros1: my DDO works great from a shortcut - the shortcut I created and then pinned to my start menu.]

Delphy,
Quoted from post #642: "FYI: It listed two unknowns:
Numenor_GlobalMod_SSN-Guitar-for-Atavera-Hack.package (The Rock Hammer)
childrensleepover.package (which might be from Squingy?)"
They aren't orphans, they are unknowns - the only 'unknowns' I have.

As for orphans... I have a BUNCH of new recolors from Aussie Topenders that I downloaded yesterday AND I KNOW I got the correct meshes!!! I don't know why they are showing up as orphans. And, I have a few more (319 all totalled) recolors that seem to have had their mesh's GUID changed without the recolor knowing it (many of these recolors belong to the same 3-4 objects and they share the same GUID reference for those objects) - which, so far, seems easy enough, though mildly tedious, to fix with my limited knowledge of SimPE and GUID renumbering.

I don't know what to do about the following MESHes which are still showing up as orphans, even with this latest DDO. They most certainly are NOT orphaned:
Compulsive D's dreads (HairMesh)
Jasana's Ferrywheel (Mesh)
atavera-musicguitar-noamp (Mesh)
Numenor_GlobalMod_AllPlacement-SignOpenClose (Mesh)

Thank you again for all your help - and patience! I really appreciate it. I think this program is absolutely essential for every download-a-holic (and I'm toward the top of that list weighing in with over 7gb/35,000+ files... geesh, that's almost embarassing when you look at it in print... Maybe I should start a support group?)

If I wasn't already happily married... well, you know the line by now...
It'd be a marriage of sim-convenience anyway. It's your program that I love!
Let's suffice it to say, "Thank you, from the whole of my heart!"
Catherine
Forum Resident
#646 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 7:19 AM
Thank you for the organiser, D.
I have a suggestion though - What about adding a GUID field for the search and to be displayed in the package info? I've been browsing my downloads like mad just to be able to find one object that overlapped a Maxis one...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#647 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:37 PM
Hey Frenchie, becuase of the fact that a package can have multiple GUIDs, and becuase of the way I am storying them, there is no capability to display them on the screen. I might add a seperate GUID search window though.

Catherine, Ahh ok, they show up as unknown - I'll fix that. Just FYI though, only the LOD90 package of Jasana's FerrisWheel comes up as Orphan, not the main one.

Can you attach an updated orphans.txt so I can see what the deal is with the Aussie Topenders things.

Mad Poster
#648 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 3:00 PM
Good morning Delphy,

Yes, to the Jasana package - I was lazy last night, but I wrote the whole title in post #637...

I re-downloaded some things last night... If I still have multiple Aussie Topender recolor orphans after I do another complete Q-express install of the new stuff, and DDO scans, I'll post the orphan.txt with my next post. It won't be til much later today... my three-year-old is being extra demanding today! (I've probably been spending too much time downloading things, and now she wants attention!)

Thanks again,
Catherine
Field Researcher
#649 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 5:43 AM
Love this tool. But I notice that all the bodyshop recolors are getting their Title entry from property set. I now have 68 clothing recolors titled afbodyhulaskirt_BlueSkirt. I would find it more useful if Title and Description came from the Text List entries.
Test Subject
#650 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 12:48 PM
I once started a forum asking for a program like this, but it got deleted, really mean, yes. So I'm glad that you made this, thanks a lot!
Page 26 of 67