Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2451 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 11:42 AM
Once all the entries are in, we are having a Getting Jo Plastered party
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2452 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

I am SOOOOO up for that!
Scottiedoag
Mad Poster
#2453 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 4:52 PM
@AndrewGloria and @Scottiedoag - OMG! Real live Scots!!!??? I knew I liked you guys for some reason :lovestruc
I'm a displaced Scot (who's never seen the homeland - yet!) But, my heart is def. there.
Hubs and I often dream of putting everything in storage and moving to the Hebrides. Seriously!
We almost bought an old abandoned Kirk about an hour South of Perth back in the 90's. And then we almost made the leap again when our daughter was an itty bitty bairnie; the only thing that stopped us was the pet quarantine - we had 6 at the time, 4 of which were elderly and probably wouldn't have made it through the process. *sigh*
I'll get there yet. Don't be surprised if I knock on your doors someday

All ya'lls entries are looking really good! Keep 'em coming

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#2454 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:26 PM
Good vibes for your sister, @Phaenoh , and everyone who needs some.
Mad Poster
#2455 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:27 PM Last edited by gazania : 28th Jun 2017 at 5:42 PM.
(Blushes very deeply)

scottiedoag ... I thought that was your username because you liked Scottie dogs. I'm fond of terriers myself. My favorite pup was a terrier. I imagined you with a bunch of Scotties in your home, trying to get your attention as you were working on the entries.

Oh .. freakin' ... dear! (Blushes even redder.)

I wouldn't mind visiting Scotland one day.

And I realized I was being a little rude. You ran a great contest, joandsarah77.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2456 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 6:34 PM
Big hugs @Phaenoh hope your sister is better soon and life gets better quickly!
Lab Assistant
#2457 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
@AndrewGloria and @Scottiedoag - OMG! Real live Scots!!!??? I knew I liked you guys for some reason :lovestruc
I'm a displaced Scot (who's never seen the homeland - yet!) But, my heart is def. there.
Hubs and I often dream of putting everything in storage and moving to the Hebrides. Seriously!
We almost bought an old abandoned Kirk about an hour South of Perth back in the 90's. And then we almost made the leap again when our daughter was an itty bitty bairnie; the only thing that stopped us was the pet quarantine - we had 6 at the time, 4 of which were elderly and probably wouldn't have made it through the process. *sigh*

All ya'lls entries are looking really good! Keep 'em coming

I'm only about 20 minutes drive from Perth! Really is a small world.
gazania Grin I'm actually a cat person with two huge black rescue cats who know how to switch off my TV screen and indeed my pc if they want attention! I swear if they had thumbs they'd open their own food.

Scottiedoag
Instructor
#2458 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:55 PM Last edited by whoward69 : 29th Jun 2017 at 9:24 AM.
Round 5 - Community Lot - Play-along

Meh! Ran out of ideas, time and enthusiasm ... but at least I can say I stayed the distance and managed to crawl over the finishing line.

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#2459 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:57 PM Last edited by gazania : 29th Jun 2017 at 1:26 AM. Reason: Meh.
It definitely feels like a marathon race. and those who have finished in whatever place they finished are cheering on those who are still trying to cross the finish line. Great lot!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2460 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

Quote: Originally posted by scottiedoag
I am SOOOOO up for that!
Scottiedoag

I would like my house done in a nice pale blue thanks. What?? You are coming over to plaster it aren't you? :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#2461 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 10:07 PM
I’m not alone with desert this time

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Top Secret Researcher
#2462 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 11:33 PM

There's something about Scots blood that draws you to the homeland. My grandmother hailed from Glasgow (and never lost her accent despite living in Australia for most of her long life). I haven't seen enough of Scotland and would love to visit again. I love bagpipes. It does something to me like Welsh male voice choirs (my other granny was Welsh). My daughter visited Scotland last year and absolutely fell in love with it, so the pull continues through generations.
Mad Poster
#2463 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 11:48 PM
I'm not Scottish, but can I go over and knock on scottiedoag's and AndrewGloria's doors, too? I can bring a pie or something.

And after that, off to getting plastered in Australia and South Africa. Better renew that passport ... And learn to teleport while I'm at it.

Space Pony
#2464 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 11:58 PM
I am at play-testing.. (had a hard week). So far things have acting suprisinly well

Screenshots

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Instructor
#2465 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 12:29 AM
I got back from vacation a week ago, but completely forgot about this contest. Oops! Good thing I remembered in time, I think I can hopefully manage to get this done before the deadline.

Tackling round four will have to wait for the weekend though (just to finish the contest, since I think it's too late for points at this point).
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2466 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:23 AM
Oh...I love James McAvoy...I mean...Scotland It's on my would love to visit someday list. My cousin did his post grad at the University of Edinburgh. He loved it.
Mad Poster
#2467 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scottiedoag
Heck! I'm Jusr north of you in the one famed for jute, jam and journalism! In the home of The Broons and Oor Wullie .
Jings! Help ma' Boab! (You may be the only one on the board who has a clue what I'm on about! )

Well you wouldn't complain much about the heat here! It was 13º C here today (55º F). Tomorrow it's forecast to rain all day. I wish you could bring us just a little of your Florida warmth! Mind the winters here aren't nearly as cold as the English say they are. We had a minister from North Dakota at our church. He just laughed at the fuss we can make about half an inch (1 cm) of snow. It's the disappointing summers that are the real bugbear. The light nights in summer are a bit of compensation. It's 10:24 p.m. now and it's only just getting dark.

I'm really neither a cat person nor a dog person. We just take in and look after whatever comes to us. For about the same time as I've been playing the Sims, I've had a little Cairn Terrier, which I suppose isn't that far removed from a Scottie. She was my niece's dog and she came to us when my niece emigrated to Australia -- to avoid a long stay in quarantine. Actytually Catherine, it's not as bad here as it used to be. There's now a "pet passport" scheme which lets pets in relatively easily if they have the right paperwork. It used to be six months in special quarantine kennels with absolutely no exceptions. 6 months is far too long out of a cat or dog's short life.

Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Meh! Ran out of ideas, time and enthusiasm ... but at least I can say I stayed the distance and managed to crawl over the finishing line.
Not that far out of ideas! I love your lot William!

I see there's a few of us like Phaenoh's playground set. :lovestruc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I've finished my lot. I added dark garden soil ground cover under the lattice-fronted decking, and it does make it look more solid and convincing. In the foundation view it will also help to show how I have used the given foundations to support larger structures. I think I have actually done it in a way that makes structural sense. I have also taken 10 pictures, which I'll claim are "required". (Since I'm just a "play-along", I don't think anyone is going tell me I've got to many.) And I've selected 16 "optional" pictures, which was hard, because I had about 19 that I really wanted to use! And I've converted all these pictures to JPEG format. So all I have to do now is write the entry post with all the pictures attached and linked. Hopefully I'll manage that tomorrow.

I've just looked at the countdown timer and it says we have just under 24 hours to go. Is that still correct Jo, or do we have another two days now?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2468 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:29 AM
Clock says 2 days 23 hrs for me, @AndrewGloria
Mad Poster
#2469 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:37 AM
Thanks JustJones! I won't have to rush my post.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2470 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 2:13 AM
The clock should be just under 3 days Andrew. I don't think my clock setter (cause I always mess that code up!) reset the clock since it wasn't determined yet if more time was needed or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#2471 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 3:23 AM
Hey guys, long time no see. Sorry for just kind of vanishing, we moved and so I just got wifi back for the first time in a month. And I likely wont be joining in this round as Im spending the next couple days with my BF before he ships off for the army. It was fun doing the parts of the challenge I did complete though
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2472 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 5:34 AM
Hey guys, I am building mine. Finally. I should be up, just under the wire
Mad Poster
#2473 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 8:44 AM
Strongs to the contestants building

William, I wish my uninspired lots looked like that.

Scots around - here in South Africa too (Murrays, Scotts, Stewarts - and that is just in my town ).

Jo, I always thought we understand each other quite well, being from different continents and all, but now you speak Australian to me
Lab Assistant
#2474 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 9:52 AM Last edited by scottiedoag : 29th Jun 2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: forgot to say
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Jings! Help ma' Boab! (You may be the only one on the board who has a clue what I'm on about! )

My latin teacher had a mate who worked for DC Thompson and he gave him blank Oor Wullie strips that he then filled in with ridiculous latin. So we had Jingus Crivenus Helpous ma boabus!
Now that was a long time ago

yavannatw Oooh! I had one Scots and one Welsh granny too! Wish I knew more Welsh.
Scottiedoag
Instructor
#2475 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 9:57 AM
Where did the extra two days come from? Last time I checked the countdown ended 1am (UK time) on Friday morning, now it's on Sunday morning?!?!?!?

May be able to fix (for the umpteenth time) the walls sticking out of the stage's pagoda roof (and retake the affected piccies)

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward

Page 99 of 106