View Single Post in: How/Why Does Corruption Spread

Field Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
But eventually even with the most thoughtful and attentive care your game will break down. In part because of the way the game is designed and in part because that is the design of this world.

Entropy. The never ending battle. I have a little idea/hope that maybe if this is the way of this world then the opposite will be the way of the next?

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I know people stress a lot about corruption but it is important to remember that you can get a lot of excellent gameplay for a very long time with a hood that's already corrupted.

Very true. I've done a ton of VBTs, though once I learned better I tried to fix things up as best I could. I know I've got corruption in my hoods, but I've been playing the same ones since I first installed them and they still only have minor problems. Although it's not quite as many years of gameplay as it seems b/c I've had some years where I didn't play at all, but I'd say I've had about 3-4 years of continuous play with the corrupt hoods.

Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
I recommended adding "Don't put graves/urns on OFB shelves," because when I did that in my game, I got double graves...

This seems to be a bug that came with FFS - it's addressed in the patch for that SP. So perhaps those with this problem have an unpatched FFS in their games, or EA reborked it at some point.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.