Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 9th Jul 2018 at 3:59 PM - Updated 9th Jul 2018 at 1:46 PM by Copper_Penny - Viewed 768 times. Direct link to this thread
4 Comments / replies (Who?) , 5 times favourited , 20 times thanked
Based on a plan by real-world home designers Biringer Builders, the Sycamore is a large family friendly house with covered front porch, vegetable gardens, and plenty of room for both the kids and adults to pursue their hobbies at home.
The main floor features a formal dining room, butler's pantry with wet bar, and open concept family room with kitchen and breakfast nook. You'll also find a small bedroom, used as a home office. There are four large bedrooms on the second floor, one of which is being used as a home studio (perfect for an aspiring artist or for a professional architect!). The master suite comes with a large 4-piece bathroom as well as a dressing room, and the other three bedrooms include closet space as well. The attic is large enough that it could be used as a hangout space for the kids as they get older, and the double bay garage offers plenty of room for storage or for hobbies.
Please follow this link to see the original floor plans for this model. Though this upload is inspired by this floor plan, the original floor plan and design do not, in any way, belong to me. Please follow the aforementioned link to see its original designers.
When I started furnishing this house, I imagined a family with adult Sims who work as interior designers, and young kids who are avid gardeners (note the vegetable gardens in the back yard!). I had a ton of fun making this house and I hope you all enjoy playing in it too!
Lot Size: 35x25
Lot Price (furnished): 155,593
Lot Price (unfurnished): 84,434
Biringer Builders, a custom home design and contracting company based out of Virginia: http://biringerbuilders.com/dev/
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.69.43.02
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!