Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 29th Jun 2018 at 12:17 AM - Updated 4th Jul 2018 at 10:41 PM by Nyx - Viewed 18965 times. Direct link to this thread
43 Comments / replies (Who?) , 117 times favourited , 247 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
After a lot of time composed by sweat, tears, and rage, here's the genie mod!
Let's see what this mod does:
-A new and dusty lamp!-A brand "new" object can be found in buy mode and It's called the "Ancient Dusty Lamp". It can be found in the Decorations section. This lamp cherishes something or "someone" mysterious inside and the only way to find out, is to rub out the dust on it. Given this small description, let's see what you can do with this object! You can:
- Put it in your inventory: It shouldn't be difficult for your sim to carry such a little lamp.
- Inspect the lamp: Your sim will wonder what could be the mistery inside this lamp... Or it will probably comment about it's cleaniness... Once your sim has finished inspecting it, they will no longer be able do that.
- Rub the lamp: Your sim will kneel before the lamp, and will give it a lil'rub. Once they've finished the interaction, congratulations! You will finally have your genie! The genie will stay on your lot for about 5 hours. Don't worry if she leaves, just rub the lamp again and before you know it, she will be back. It's necessary to put the lamp on the floor to do this interaction, otherwise the animation will look weird.
-Becoming a Genie's Master-After you have summoned the genie, you will become her master and nobody else will be able to rub the lamp or ask for a wish to be granted other than the sim who rubbed the lamp. After your sim has finished the wishes, and the genie has finished her time on the lot, you won't be able to rub the lamp (neither if you buy another lamp) for about 2 days. If you want to spawn a genie before the cooldown ends, you'll have to choose another sim to rub the lamp.
-Genies: wishes or tricks?-Now that you have a genie, you can ask her to grant several wishes. Though their outcome may not be always positive. That's right! Genies won't be that innocent this time! There is 40% chance that your wish will be actually be a trick from the genie. Now, let's see what the wishes and their outcomes are:
-Freed Genies abilities-So you decided to make the genie part of your household? Perfect! So expect for them to have these abilities:
You surely noticed that I used "She" when refering to the genie. The reason is simple: In this version, genies will always be female. In a future update I'll implement male genies (although I think it's possible to give to a male sim the freed genie trait through cheats)
- The genie will appear as a normal sim in cas
- When freed, the genie will not perform the animation properly.
- The sim might perform the "rubbing" interaction more than 1 time.
- The genie might appear with some accessories such as glasses, bracelets or rings.
- The genie pie menu might appear on other sims.
- Typo in the lamp's description.
- Thanks to Merman simmer, who helped me by creating a lamp and a top for the genies.
- Thanks to Teanmoon as well. She helped me by giving me the permission to use her hair and her crown models for the genies.
- Thanks to SACRIFICIAL, who helped me by injecting the interactions via python.
- Thanks to Snatif for the "simvisible" parts for the unfreed genie
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 18.104.22.168
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?