Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 2nd May 2018 at 8:00 PM - Updated 6th May 2018 at 6:04 PM by Lamare : one more version + table - Viewed 5793 times. Direct link to this thread
10 Comments / replies (Who?) , 7 times favourited , 69 times thanked
Oh hey! You seem like a pretty insightful person. I'm developing a new product and I'd be interested to hear your feedback on it. Here's a free sample for you to mess around with.
No, I'm not giving you a wall TV - simply a little mod that adds new objects to the list of ridiculously expensive product samples. I added things like bag of chips, toys, books, magazines, perfume, as if they're gathering feedback on a new taste or smell, or trying to create buzz around new publication. See the full list of objects in a table below. You can customize it to your liking or leave it as it is. I labeled everything, so you can replace or delete any items you don't want or have. Yes, perfume bottle is listed twice. Because.
Conflicts: this mod would conflict with any other mod that overwrites the same resource.
Overriden Resources: BCON 0x42434F4E 0x7F9DCCE6 0x00001004
Game Compatibility: Apartment Life is required in any case. If you choose to use my list of 39 objects without editing, you also need Night Life, University and Open for Business. For people who might not have those EPs and can't or won't edit the file, I offer the version with 24 objects.
Choose one version:
- networking-gifts-mod-39-MULTI-EP - list of 39 objects from several EPs
- networking-gifts-mod-34-NOREWARDS - same as above, but without rewards
- networking-gifts-mod-24-BASEGAME - list of 24 objects from BG and AL
How to mod the mod:
You don't have to do it - the mod is ready to use as is. This part is for those who want to change it.
1. Prepare a list of GUIDs of objects you'd like to add.
It can be maxis or custom object. GUID of a maxis object can be found in this database or by temporarily cloning an object in SimPE. GUID of a custom object can be found in its OBJD resource by opening the object in SimPE. If it's a multi-tile object, use master object's GUID. I suggest using more or less normal objects that can be placed in inventory, but feel free to experiment.
2. Open the networking-gifts-mod-lamare.package in and look at its resources. There are GUID list and Labels.
3. In Plugin View, open the BCON resource called Random Object List.
Each object GUID takes up two lines (GUID has 8 symbols and Hex value box takes 4 symbols). Line #0 is special.
It all goes in such manner:
line 0 = amount of objects (not lines!)
line 1 = last symbols of GUID of one object
line 2 = first symbols of GUID of one object
line 3 = last symbols of GUID of another object
line 4 = first symbols of GUID of another object
Add, replace or delete GUIDs remembering this:
- GUIDs must go strictly one after the other in pairs of lines. You can't miss a line. Last 4 symbols of GUID go before the first 4 symbols (counter-intuitive). Type your GUIDs in Hex value box.
- Line 0 value must be equal to total number of objects (not lines). Type it in Dec value box. This step is important. Line 0 says the game how many objects in can choose from. If you declare more objects than you have in the list, you'll see an error or jump bug.
- The limit is 127 lines. Let's say, don't go over 60 objects - and you're safe.
- If you don't change much, instead of using Delete value button, I advise you to replace values by copy-pasting: replace unwanted GUID with another one and edit the labels. If you want to change the whole list, then it's easier to delete.
- When you delete or add values, make sure to adjust labels (if you need them at all) to avoid confusion.
Commit and Save often.
4. Open Labels and give descriptive names to your GUIDs. This step is optional. Labels are not important at all. Again, commit and Save.
5. Check line #0 once more. Save the package and put in your Downloads folder or its sub-folder.
I decided to upload this simple mod just so people don't forget I exist, while I work on bigger projects. I hope you like it.
The mod 'ur something slogan is a reference to HugeLunatic's Mod 'ur Hike and Mod 'ur Dig mods.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
This is a multi-part download:
Choose only ONE version
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?