Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 14th Apr 2018 at 12:49 PM - Viewed 7494 times. Direct link to this thread
19 Comments / replies (Who?) , 22 times favourited , 74 times thanked
Tags: #los angeles, #1940s, #noir, #vintage, #townhouse, #rental, #store front, #city, #urban, #roaring heights
Several decades ago these kind of brick high-rises dominated the streetscape of Downtown, Los Angeles (and many more American cities, I suppose). Almost none of them exist anymore, being bulldozed and replaced by glass skyscrapers and multi-level parking lots by now. They were already outdated and old-fashioned in the 1940s, the period when my current gameplay is set in and I have built them for. As in my previous „old L.A.” uploads, both lots are based on buildings I saw in the videogame L.A. Noire, and both the exteriors and interiors are strongly influenced by its post-war noir-ish '40s art design. I’ve had the idea that maybe those who play with Roaring Heights and like vintage style, or those who have a „historical downtown” district in their game, can find them useful.
Both lots are Late Night EP-type apartment lots with one active household unit and few darkened NPC units upstairs. Because of security reasons (te prevent inactive sims being stuck), there are no hidden room markers on the first floor, the dark "commercial units" are only painted black and all set to Public, and each black rooms have a door for an exit route. Hidden rooms / NPC units are all upstairs. The apartments are furnished as if we are in the '40s!, so no TV, no high-tech, but one can easily modernize.
The Figueroa building (20 x 30)
Designed as a corner lot, active 1 BR 1 BA unit and 2 NPC units on the 2nd floor. Commercial "rental space" downstairs. One of the shops is furnished as a make-over salon. The 3rd / top floor is decoration only, no rentable units there.
The Alameda building (20 x 30)
Designed as a corner lot, the active 2 BR 2 BA unit is on the 4th / top floor. One NPC unit per floor. One of the bedrooms furnished for two children. There are both elevator AND staircase. Commercial "rental space" downstairs. One of the front shops is furnished as a musical instrument shop (public space to learn music skill).
No CC, no Stuff Packs needed. Necessary EPs: World Adventures, Late Night, Seasons, Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, University Life, Island Paradise, AND the Alameda building requires Roaring Heights (standard version) installed (lots of RH content in Alameda)!
Lot Size: 20x30
Lot Price (furnished): 47,944
Lot Price (unfurnished): 8,525
- to Team Bondi and Rockstar Games for the art design of L.A. Noire,
- to Coasterboi as the creator of the custom world Angel City where all the screenshots are taken
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.67.2
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
#los angeles, #1940s, #noir, #vintage, #townhouse, #rental, #store front, #city, #urban, #roaring heights