Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 12th Apr 2018 at 12:19 AM - Updated 25th May 2018 at 7:27 PM by 4amMist - Viewed 6991 times. Direct link to this thread
11 Comments / replies (Who?) , 17 times favourited , 56 times thanked
Fixed language compatibility, broken tones and blank promotion messages
I've had an interest in Marine Biology for a while (definitely not because of Jotaro Kujo....) and decided to make a career for sims! It focuses on the diving skill, so it requires Island Paradise.
Your sim will have to go to the Science Facility to get this career (or find it in a good ol' newspaper)
Level 1: Student 9am-3pm, $36 per hour
Level 2: Aquarium Specialist 8am-4pm, $42 per hour
Level 3: Specimen Collector 8am-4pm, $48 per hour
Level 4: Large Creature Researcher 8am-3pm, $60 per hour
Level 5: Microorganism Researcher 8am-2pm, $83 per hour
Level 6: Plant Species Discovery Team 8am-2pm, $110 per hour
Level 7: Animal Species Discovery Team 7am-1pm, $154 per hour
Level 8: Marine Photography Team 7am-5pm, $193 per hour
Level 9: Deep Sea Explorer 7am-3pm, $241 per hour
Level 10: Child of Poseidon 10am-8pm, $262 per hour
(the later levels are only 4 days a week)
It doesn't currently have any job-related opportunities, but I'm working on that!
Known issue: Sometimes with combo hospital-science facilities, the text will appear as [Join Career (random numbers)], but the career works just fine once you get it. I feel like this is one of the many issues with combo rabbitholes
Let me know if you run into any typos or issues! And feel free to translate the career if you feel the desire!
**As for the opportunities I've mentioned, they are in the works!! I've already received several PMs about it lol
the issue is, they're kinda complicated to code and I'm not exactly a master coder
MissyHissy for the great career tutorial!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a Custom Career
This download is a custom career. This means that you will need the NRaas Careers mod installed in order to use the download in your game.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: