Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 22nd Feb 2018 at 11:20 PM - Updated 16th Apr 2019 at 9:34 PM by Nyx - Viewed 110911 times. Direct link to this thread
250 Comments / replies (Who?) , 484 times favourited , 653 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This mod is broken, When I will update it I'll remove it from here and put it on my website.
I have finally managed to update the mermaid mod! Let's see the new additions and fixes:
- Replaced the animation and the effects when changing the color of a mermaid's scales.
- Fixed a string in the "Dehydrated" buff and added some steam effect to the scales when mermaids have extremely low Hydration.
- Now, when a mermaid dies of dehydration, their ghost will no longer have the hydration need, and they'll be stuck with a tail, white eyes and pale skin. When they get resurrected, they'll go back to their normal appearance. They will not be able to do some mermaid interactions, because they are based off hydration, though they can still hypnotize other sims, but only with the "Siren song" interaction. Singing normally will not work. [WILL BE FIXED]
- Improved the "Siren song" interaction by replacing the animation with a better one and replacing some visual effects.
- When a mermaid sings, the targets affected will have immediate romantic relationship with the mermaid. The affected sims are also based of the gender preference the mermaid has, so If a merman likes females, only that gender will be affected.
- Vampires will not be affected by a mermaid's voice anymore.
- Mermaids now seem to live longer than human sims.
- Added two new interactions when a mermaid is swimming:
Do a flip: The mermaid will simply flip underwater, raising their fun need.
Have a nap: The mermaid will go underwater and sleep for 1/2 hours.
Sometimes their animation might bug out. [This will be fixed in the future.]
These interactions will be performed autonomously when they’re having low energy/fun.
- Added new ways to increase hydration (Ex. using a bubble bottle from Jungle Adventure or the kiddie pool from Seasons).
- Updated the statue's texture, but it will change again in the future.
- Added a new social interaction: Compliment Scales. It can be performed by two mermaids talking.
E882D22F-0000000000018F3F-00000000 (Resurrect interaction)
Any other mod that alters this interaction will conflict!
METHOD FOR WHO HAS PROBLEMS WITH THE STATUE: SINCE THE STATUE DOESN’T WORK PROPERLY FOR YOU, FOR NOW USE THIS CHEAT TO BECOME A MERMAID: traits.equip_trait Mermaid. AS FOR THE SCALES , SELECT YOUR SIM, GO TO “Mermaid” then “Change the color of your scales” and select a color.
After sweat, pain and tears used to create this mod, I'm excited to announce the new mermaid lifestate!
Let's see the features included in this (not very big) mod!:
-How to become a mermaid?-
First of all, you need to buy the "The Queen of the Mermaids" statue, which costs §20.000 (Cheats time!). It can be found under the section “sculptures”, but I highly suggest to just search it using the word “queen”. After you bought it, you'll have two interactions available:
- The typical "Observe" interaction, present in every statue.
- "Remember the "Queen's" legend", where the sim will start to look down, trying to remember the legend of this queen. After they've remembered it, there will be two possible outcomes:
= Fail: The sim will find the legend boring and fake, and thus will receive the "Boooring..." (+3 bored) buff which will last 24 hours straight! With this buff, the sim will not be gifted by the queen because of their skepticism. Once the buff runs out, you can retry again.
= Success: The sim will find the legend very sad, and so they will receive the "This is so sad..." (+3 sad) buff, which will still last 24 hours, but after it passes out, the queen will acknowledge their caring attitude, and will grant your sim's (and your) wish! After that, their legs will start to glow, and scales will appear there, all followed by the "New Scales!" (+8 happy) buff.
=Note: To speed up the process of transformation, when obtaining the sad buff the sim can "cry it out". (This is useful for those who don't like to wait)
-"The Queen of the Mermaids" statue-
- Now you're wondering "Why do I have to remember a legend to become a mermaid", and the answer is in the description of the object, where a legend is written.
- Mermaids will consider the statue a grave, so they can "Mourn the queen". The motivation of this is in the legend, I wonder what will be your theories. A hint is present in the buff they'll receive when they mourned the queen. (The buff is "Such a brave mermaid..." and gives +6 sadness)
-What are the features of the Mermaids?-
- Let's start with the hydration need, which will replace Hygiene. This need can be filled by swimming in the pool, taking a shower, taking a bath, going on a water slide, etc.
With advantages though, come disadvantages because the Hydration need decays much faster when staying outside during daytime! Normally you'd have to spend most of your time near water sources but, to make things easier, I made sure that every time they use water and then they don't use it anymore, the "Hydrated" (+2 Happy) buff, which lasts 4 hours, will appear and will slowly fill the hydration need. If a mermaid doesn't care about their hydration they will pass 2 stages before dying:
= The first buff to appear when low on hydration is "Chapped" (+2 uncomfortable), which will make the sim to have a "pretty dried" skin. They will also walk slowly.
= The second and last buff is "Dehydrated" (+50 uncomfortable), where the sim will almost nearly die. They will have a "very dried" skin and will be unable to use the pool.
After the mermaid passes these two stages, they will die from dehydration. So take good care of your scales, or else...
Scales and Tail:
- Mermaids have the ability to change the color of their scales! You'll just have to select the color under the menu "Change the color of your scales" in the Mermaid pie menu.
The tail, of course, will follow the same color scheme of the scales. There are 6 colors in total. Another thing with the tail, is that they appear only in some specific locations during specific actions!
For ex. Mermaids won't have the tail when they are in the shower, but they will if they are in a bathtub. When a mermaids jumps in the pool it might take a bit for the tail to appear, in case it won't, do "swim laps" and see if that works.
- Mermaids have one more interaction, that is "Sirens song", where the sim will sing some notes very briefly. This has effects on other sims (from teens to elders), in fact they will have the "Such a Wonderful voice..." (+8 flirty) buff which lasts 4 hours. Not only when they observe the mermaid, they'll be "melted away", but they will also accept almost every flirt from the mermaid. [ADDED NEW FUNCTIONALITY IN V1.5]
FOR WHO HAS CITY LIVING: Mermaids develop the singing skill MUCH MUCH faster (like, in just 1/2 minutes the mermaid has level 10 in the singing skill). And also, the sims who look or stay near the mermaid while is singing (even when they sing in the shower or sing at a karaoke), will have the same reaction they have when they hear the "Sirens Melody".
Some other stuff:
- If Children and childish sims see a mermaid, they might have the "Wow! A Mermaid!" buff (+6 happy) (In the future, a reaction will be created for them)
- Mermaids's autonomy has been slightly modified. If there's a chance, they will jump in the pool, or will take a shower.
- Mermaids are smooth talkers, so if they flirt with a sim, their romance relationship will receive a small but effective bonus.
- Mermaids have wonderful and mythical voices, so they won't talk like normal sims.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 184.108.40.206
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?