Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 14th Feb 2018 at 5:06 PM - Updated 16th Feb 2018 at 4:56 AM by Robert J. F. Calais : Added comparison screenshots for the original building - Viewed 4388 times. Direct link to this thread
11 Comments / replies (Who?) , 13 times favourited , 52 times thanked
Stunning views and a massive open living space make this a marvelous getaway home.
This four-story mountain lodge includes sweeping staircases, two wrap-around decks, an extra-wide carport, and a spacious garden.
While not an exact copy of the famous home from The Sims 3, this manor was heavily influenced by Miramontes, sporting a cleaner structure, up to five bedrooms, four complete bathrooms, a big garden and many plants and flowers.
The entire house has been built without the usage of any custom content, yet items of several expansion- and stuff packs have been used. I own the The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and I highly recommend to only download this lot if you own it aswell. I cannot guarantee full functionality for users without the The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.
This lot has never been occupied, but tested for full functionality on a seperate instance. A few minor issues I could not get around with, yet I'm willing to let you know about them.
- Since the room divider in the 4th floor master bedroom has been placed using cheats, Sims will ignore its existence and simply walk through the side facing the end table.
- When both walls and roofing are shown, the roof above the master bathroom and the office will somewhat resemble a carry handle. This is because the entire main roof of the manor's right side consists of two layers stacked on top of each other to give a better overall appearance. That way the bathroom and office will still be easily accessible, but you can simply turn off the roof visibility if that's a problem.
- I'm fully aware of the fact that the original Miramontes had wooden stairs for second level access, yet I had to use the glass modular stairs because these were the only open ones available.
This is my first work to be published and I'm open for any kind of feedback and criticism, as long as it remains polite and constructive. If you find any problems or bugs, please let me know and I will see what can be done as soon as possible.
There's also an unfurnished version of the manor attached to the upload which has been named differently to be easily recognizable. The unfurnished version has no actual furniture and also no lights on the inside, yet most of the outside lights and all the plants and flowers that are NOT potted have been left untouched. There's a radiator in every room that has no fireplace and/or direct access to one and I decided to keep them on the unfurnished version for realism reasons.
The unfurnished version costs 150.438$.
Lot Size: 3x4
Lot Price (furnished): 342.448
MAXIS (The Sims 3) - original home design
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?