Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 10th Feb 2018 at 5:23 PM - Updated 3rd May 2018 at 7:05 PM by Floraflora2 - Viewed 7962 times. Direct link to this thread
16 Comments / replies (Who?) , 41 times favourited , 92 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
These small pre-WW2 Japanese stores are not recreations of real-life buildings, but based on art, the "Tokyo Store Front" watercolor series painted by Polish artist Mateusz Urbanowicz (working for the anime industry in Japan). I tried to follow his art while creating the store fronts as much as I could, and I decorated the interiors and the back and side exteriors based on my own Google street view experiences.
Yanaka Print Store (Art Gallery) 20 x 15
I wanted an Art Gallery in my actual Tokyo-kinda gameplay which is not museum-like, but small and retail gallery-like. This old-fashioned print shop proved to be ideal: the one-room gallery is downstairs with a painting studio, and I've had enough space upstairs to furnish a traditional, sitting-by-the-counter eatery, as well. The food bar has a Food Register with an NPC assigned (WA EP), and also a grill for tofu dogs
For this lot, I used one piece of CC which is not included:
- Urban Balcony x2 Straight from ATS Sandy, download from here: ATS3 Urban Objects - the 3rd balcony
Size: 20 x 15
Nippori Sake Shop (Nectary WA) 20 x 15
I'm attracted to small nectaries - the smaller the better. This lot pushed the boundaries even tighter, nectary / sake store and nectary machine in the same retail room in one of the buildings, and a tiny shaved ice bar in the other (popular treat in Japanese Summers). I furnished a little tattoo parlor with tattoo chair in the "attic room" of the shaved ice bar. Of course it has a Nectary Register with an assigned NPC, and tastable and buyable nectars. NO CC on this lot.
Size: 20 x 15
Both lots are very flexible when it comes to lot assignment; just place a Consignment Register into the Art Gallery, and it can be changed to a proper Consignment Store; or if you prefer small Late Night bars, both can be set to local watering holes, or Hangouts, with just a little rearrangement. Both lots are playtested as are, and I've had no routing issues, each objects are functional in my game.
Necessary EPs: World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Generations, Seasons, Showtime, University Life and Island Paradise, AND I used decorative objects from Roaring Heights (standard) on both lots (wall tiles, mini palms, paintings, fence)! Also the Yanaka Print Store needs one CC (link above).
Lot Size: 20x15
Lot Price (furnished): 87,508
Lot Price (unfurnished): 22,048
- to Mateusz Urbanowicz; everything that looks good is his credit, everything that looks lame, is my fault;
- to ATS3 for still being active and creating CC for us every week.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.67.2
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!