Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 6th Feb 2018 at 11:20 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2018 at 12:48 AM by HugeLunatic - Viewed 1594 times. Direct link to this thread
10 Comments / replies (Who?) , 11 times favourited , 77 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
The last two Maxis stairs with open underneath versions. I think.
Country Stairs (loft)
Found in Build / Stairs for §45.
* Stair mesh
* Script file
Indestructible Concrete Stairs
Found in Build / Stairs for §60.
* Stair mesh
* Script file
* Get the original Recolorable Stairs here and here
* Place in your downloads folder.
* Place script text file in your Scriptorium_ModularStairs folder in your Downloads folder.
-or- for Windows users
*Append your C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\modularstairs.txt file with the contents of the script file included in the package.
-or- for Mac users
*Append your \Applications\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\modularstairs.txt file with the contents of the script file included in the package.
* Place stairs normally
* Use Recolor tool to recolor individual stairs - if having difficulty with 2nd step, go down one floor.
*Use the Indestructible Concrete Stairs
*Use the Country Stairs
A bit lower than the original stairs since I removed a small section on each step.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?