Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 6th Jan 2018 at 4:15 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2018 at 7:24 PM by Fergus' Mind - Viewed 1392 times. Direct link to this thread
6 Comments / replies (Who?) , 13 times favourited , 44 times thanked
Tags: #Art Deco, #Diner, #1930s, #1940s, #1950s, #1960s, #Southwest, #Desert, #Old, #Restaurant, #Midcentury, #Mid-Century, #New Mexico, #Arizona, #NM, #AZ
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Turn back now if knotty pine isn't your cup of tea.
In a time of social upheaval life should rarely be boring, especially when you're a young and wealthy southern belle living in a grand old house in Savannah, GA. But that was the case for our Marla, we doubt 'Marla' was the name she was given at birth but it is the one she adopted for her new life as her old life wasn't turning out quite as she had hoped, it's hard to have freedom when you're being supported. So one day she packed up her car and headed west in search of something more. Eventually she found herself lost out in the dark on the highway, somewhere between Amarillo and Flagstaff, and the bright neon lights of a run-down diner guided her in to it's shelter and safety. Hungry and alone she knew she'd found her place in this little corner of the world the moment she stepped through the door. She got a job there waiting tables and eventually found herself at the helm of a gleaming neon beacon at the edge of the desert. Even in her old age you'll still find her here tending to it with that same sense of love and pride to this very day!
Marla's has been sitting in my game awaiting upload since I uploaded my Blowin' Smoke Diner all the way back in 2014.
The lot was built on a 30 by 30 lot in the gorgeous world of Wild Wild West, costing 120,097 Simoleons furnished and 87,776 Simoleons unfurnished.
The lot is currently set as a 'Hangout' but lends itself to uses as a 'Dive Bar' or 'Java Hut' too.
The lot has been thoroughly play-tested with little issue beyond the odd routing issues that might occur if a sim tries to sit in one of the booths. I've not encountered the issue but I know it has happened to some with my previous diner.
Lot Size: 30x30
Lot Price (furnished): 120,097 Simoleons
Lot Price (unfurnished): 87,776 Simoleons
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.67.2
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
#Art Deco, #Diner, #1930s, #1940s, #1950s, #1960s, #Southwest, #Desert, #Old, #Restaurant, #Midcentury, #Mid-Century, #New Mexico, #Arizona, #NM, #AZ