Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 4th Jan 2018 at 5:02 PM - Updated 1st Jan 2018 at 5:52 PM by lilyjosephine - Viewed 8676 times. Direct link to this thread
18 Comments / replies (Who?) , 33 times favourited , 86 times thanked
When Miner's Cove was founded, it was a prosperous little town that survived on the money earned from mining rare gems from beneath the island. However, it wasn't long before the people of this island sucked the land dry, and when that happened, a mysterious and poisonous gas arose from the mines. Those who chose to stay behind found themselves becoming ill, running out of supplies, and losing all contact with the outside world as their little mining town crumbled around them.
Can anyone bring prosperity back to this poor island, or is it a lost cause?
- - - - -
Miner's Cove is a tiny post-apocalyptic island world with three small starter homes, a sparse campsite, and an empty lot. The world contains most base-game spawners and each house has a little story to discover inside about the previous residents, so I highly recommend moving from house to house if you want to see each story!
This world uses ALL EP's and no SP's or custom content, other than Burnt Waffle's (optional) lighting mod with Monte Vista water. This island is not very suitable for animals or a large amount of Sims, but with some effort you can really clean the place up and have a nice little community here! There is also a single dive lot with some treasure hidden inside.
Miner's Cove is tiny, but it is meant to be explored. Every lot has a hidden story, but at the same time the story is up to you.
Enjoy, my friends... if you survive!
- - - - -
Layers: Four in total (global layer, objects, plants, and spawners)
Spawners used: Spawners are rather sparse to fit the world, but I have added a few base-game spawners, a nanite spawner, some underwater spawners, a WA fishing spawner, and a deathfish spawner. There are 16 spawners in total.
Lots: 5 residential, 1 dive lot, and one empty lot. The lots are all small-medium.
Routing: Sims can go just about anywhere except for steep hillsides. Most of the water is free to roam, as well as the land.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: