Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 12th Nov 2017 at 11:26 AM - Updated 31st Mar 2018 at 7:50 AM by simler90 : VERSION 2 - Viewed 3420 times. Direct link to this thread
6 Comments / replies (Who?) , 8 times favourited , 58 times thanked
VERSION 2: I have made a new version called "Version 2". I highly recommend you use this version, because it is much better. Here is what Version 2 does:
- Instead of increasing fitness by a set value of 20 per hour like the original version of this mod, Version 2 takes Maxis' own fitness-per-hour values and divides them by 5, decreasing the fitness gain per hour while keeping the ratios intact. So, for example, if your sim is performing an activity that increases fitness by 50 per hour, your sim will increase their fitness by 10 per hour in Version 2. If they are performing an activity that increases fitness by 100 per hour, your sim will increase their fitness by 20 per hour and so on. In the original version of this mod, your sim would increase their fitness by a set value of 20 regardless of what fitness-increasing activity they were performing, which was unrealistic.
In addition to this new formula, Version 2 also fixes some oversights by Maxis:
- Jump Rope does not increase fitness in an unmodded game, as Maxis forgot to add fitness to this interaction. Version 2 sets the fitness-per-hour values to 20/40/60 while jumping in easy/medium/hard difficulty levels, respectively. These values are then divided by 5, so your sim increases their fitness by 4/8/12 per hour.
- Soccer increases fitness by 10 per hour in an unmodded game, which is a Maxis oversight. They obviously made a mistake and set it to 10 instead of 100. Version 2 sets it to 100 like the rest of the sports activities, so your sim will increase their fitness by 20 per hour.
I will be keeping the original version up for download as well, in case you prefer a set value of 20 per hour. I have also updated the original version by adding fitness to Jump Rope.
I don't like the fact that a sim who is completely fat (at the bottom of the fitness bar) can become completely fit (the top of the bar) after working out for like 10 hours. Maxis put individual "fitness per hour" values for every object and interaction that increases fitness. Most objects increase it by 100 per hour and some like yoga increase it by 40-something. The fitness bar goes from 0 (bottom of the bar) to 1000 (top of the bar). 333 is the fitness value between fat and thin, and 666 is the fitness value between thin and fit.
Now that you know how fitness works, here is what this mod does: this is a global mod that simply overrides Maxis' own ridiculously high values by a single value: 20 fitness per hour. In other words, it does not matter what fitness-increasing activity your sim is doing, their fitness will increase at this set value of 20 per hour. If your sim is at the bottom of the fitness bar, they will need to work out for 50 hours without overeating to reach the top of the bar. Now, becoming fit actually takes some effort.
Additionally, I also set the maximum fitness possible (by all fitness-increasing interactions) to 1000 (maximum fitness value). Basically, Maxis seems to have had the idea to make it so that certain interactions and objects can only increase fitness to a certain maximum value. I am not even sure if this is used by the game. Most interactions already have their "maximum fitness" value set to 1000. Some don't even have any numbers. This change is for the better. Additionally, if your sim has certain fitness-gain multipliers, they still apply their bonus. For example, if your sim has that Pleasure LTA Reward which increases the sim's fitness-gain rate by 150%, then they will gain fitness at 30 (20*150%) fitness per hour with this mod.
This mod does not affect body skill gain rate. It has nothing to do with body skill. Different objects have different body skill gain rates, and they stay as such with this mod, too.
You can easily modify this mod yourself. Here is how you do it:
- Open this mod in Sim Package Editor.
- Click on the resource "Fitness - Delta - Set".
- Original Version:
- Find the line below that says "Expression (Stack Object's attribute 0x0002 := Literal 0x0014)"- Version 2:
- Find the line below that says "Expression (Local 0x0000 /= Literal 0x0005)"
To unrar this mod, you need the latest version of or WinRar.
This mod modifies one resource in objects.package. Any other mod that modifies this will conflict with this mod:
Fitness - Delta - Set/Group:0x7FD46CD0/Instance:0x000001C3
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?