Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 13th Sep 2017 at 1:55 AM - Updated 13th Sep 2017 at 8:46 AM by gazania - Viewed 818 times. Direct link to this thread
3 Comments / replies (Who?) , 4 times favourited , 17 times thanked
Inspired by the popular show "Rabbie the Bear" on the KidzTube channel, the SimKidz company opened a group of small family fun centers inspired by the beloved Sim toddler program. Unlike a famous TV show many years ago named after a dinosaur, this program emphasizes parent/grandparent/caretaker interaction as well as toddler participation. Siblings are encouraged to play along as well.
There are four main rooms for toddlers:
Shake it Up! contains two jumparoos, three rocking horses and a radio for Sims to schmustle.
True Colors has the Free Time activity table and two easels for adults and children.
In the Sing a Song room, adults can sing or try a comedy routine or poetry reading (family-friendly, please), and toddlers can find their inner muse on the xylophone or piano. The link to TotsInc's Toddler Piano is listed below.
The fourth room, Golden Slumbers, is a quiet room with a refrigerator for that bedtime bottle, a bookcase with books to read before nap time, two toddler mats and a toy box. I listed the link for Phaenoh's toddler mats below.
There are two bathrooms, each with a toddler potty chair, a single toilet, a sink with a mirror, a garbage bin and a changing table. In addition, there is a small office with a Wobbly Wabbit Head toy.
The hallway has a coffee maker and a hot chocolate maker, with a counter in-between in case a Sim wishes to prepare a light snack. There is also a snack vending machine by the left side door. Toddlers can watch the fish in the tank in the hallway. Without a mod, a Sim will have to pay to put fish in there.
I thought the original lot needed more of a side yard, so I expanded it with Lot Adjuster. The yard has three toddler Bouncy Bork Springs, two Sim Bouncers, a mat with two Magical Mystery's Shape, Rattle & Roll boxes, a MYSHUNO game and two swings. There are three benches where visitors can rest.
I have all EPs and SPs on disks.
This lot has been unplayed in a fresh game created specifically for this upload. A copy has been tested in two other games and three different hoods for at least two human weeks (not Sim weeks). If you don't want toddlers on community lots, I found you could convert this to a child's play place fairly easily.
Shown but Not Included:
- Toddler Piano by Totsinc. You will need all the files specified as necessary in the description: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=596907
- Tiny Tikes Sleepy Mat by Phaenoh: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=316656
Required Mod to Get Toddlers to Visit Community Lots:
- Allow Puppy Kitten Toddler Riders by dickhurt: http://modthesims.info/d/303968. This requires the Game Edition addon for it to work, as specified in the directions: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303431.
Highly Suggested Mods:
- Perfect Plants by twojeffs: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0
- Visitor Controller by twojeffs: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0 (unless you want the Charlatan to fleece your toddlers' parents while their youngsters play!)
- by Numenor: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92541. Without this, because of a Maxis OFB glitch, you will have red windows in the front. You can fix these easily, but is really a must anyway for custom content.
- No Sim Loaded by BoilingOil: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1665.html. This requires Cyjon's Smarter EP Check to work: http://cyjon.net/node/323. I have repeatedly checked OETreeDetail logs for anything worrisome several times in the three different hoods (and three different games) where I placed this lot and the logs were clean, but this mod is important for anyone downloading any lots or social mods, no matter who uploaded them.
- Aquariums Create Community Dummies by Richi3frog: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=314002. The fish can disappear, but this is very rare. Most of the time, they stay put.
- Lunartech Lighten-Up Ceiling Replacement Fix: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=315720
Lot Size: 3x2
Lot Price (furnished): 101,065
Custom Content Included:
- HBAubreeAnimatedJumperoo by hopebayler and Rebecah
- Giddy-Up Rocker by Honeywell
- Functional 1-Tile Baby Changing Station by mustluvcatz
- The Sim Bouncer by NixNivis
To joandsarah77, justpetro, and the other great posters who convinced me to give this lot a shot on MTS, and for putting up with a number of questions about it.
To Chris Hatch, for the Orb. Without it, I would not know what to look for in the OETreeDetail logs.
To Mootilda, whose LotExpander has helped me so often; also for the Turn On All Lights mod.
To all free CC creators who have kept this game alive and thriving after all these years.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?