Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 31st Jul 2017 at 6:28 PM - Updated 31st Jul 2017 at 6:38 PM by cutsocks - Viewed 3618 times. Direct link to this thread
6 Comments / replies (Who?) , 21 times favourited , 49 times thanked
Tags: #opera, #theater, #performance, #venue, #showtime, #stage, #neoclassical, #drama, ##themeperformingarts
The Murgatroyd Opera House is a Showtime performance venue. Inspired by majestic European opera houses (like, for example, the ones in Vienna, Budapest, or Frankfurt), I tried to maintain some of the grandness but on a smaller, more manageable scale. On the ground floor, there is a grand, 3-story entrance lobby, two lounges, restrooms, a bar, a ticket booth, and coat check. A floor up, there are offices, a small music room, and an unused gallery space. The auditorium has seating across three floors, with two individual restrooms for the box seats on either side. The basement contains various dressing rooms, restrooms, and a space for prop storage and workshop.
I have tested the lot as a Private Venue, and it seems to work well, though I am not as familiar with Showtime careers as a I could be. The Showtime stage was placed with moveobjects on and the "curtain" does intersect the stage on either side, but I have not experienced any routing issues from it.
World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, and Island Paradise EPs were used, as was the Fast Lane SP.
I Love Me Mirror, though hardly vital.
Custom Content not included:
3 New Railings by armiel @ MTS
A fair amount of CFE was used throughout, though you should be able to adjust the room layout of front wings and the basement without trouble.
Thanks all, and I hope you enjoy this lot, even. And with that I shall exit, stage left.
Lot Size: 30x40
Lot Price (furnished): 508,646
Lot Price (unfurnished): 309,956
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.69
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
#opera, #theater, #performance, #venue, #showtime, #stage, #neoclassical, #drama, ##themeperformingarts