Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 7th Jul 2017 at 11:00 PM - Updated 10th Jul 2017 at 12:57 PM by beryllium - Viewed 7825 times. Direct link to this thread
7 Comments / replies (Who?) , 21 times favourited , 69 times thanked
Birka was an important Viking trading center located on the Island Björkö (meaning Birch Island) in Sweden. Today there is a museum that showcase archeological findings and the life in Birka. My sims game is medieval and I use Birka as a community lot in my vacation mountain hood that I have turned into a Viking village. If you play a modern game you could use the lot as an outdoor museum where visitors can try the Viking life (there are some reconstructions of Viking houses on Björkö today). There are plenty of things for your sims to do in Birka. They can buy food from the bon voyage food stand or make their own food in in the stove cauldron (I know, it is maybe a little bit strange to go into someones house and start cooking food, but I wanted the lot to look like a Viking settlement). The cauldron stove by Raynuss has been placed with the “moveobjects on” and the “boolprop snapobjectstogrid false”. Therefore the cauldron is not centered over the fireplace or the stone fence around the fire would stop the sims from being able to use the stove for cooking. Invisible stool OMSPs have been placed on the beds to make sims able to sit on them. Your sims can have a refreshing bath and a massage. There is a sauna on the lot. On two of the docks I have placed netmicro’s invisible fishing ponds so that your sims can fish in the ocean. The ponds are visible in build mode but will become invisible in live mode.
The runestone that I put on the lot is actually not from Birka. The original is located in another Swedish town, Mariefred, outside the castle Gripsholm.
Beach lots can be tricky to place. This lot was built in the Maxis neighborhood Desiderata valley and placed as indicated in one of the pictures.
The lot was built in an empty neighbor hood that has never been in live mode. A clone was play tested and was used for picture taking in live mode.
Important notes about the CC required for this lot
I used Kalimero’s recolor of Jeka’s log modular stairs. The stairs should be installed with Numeror’s scriptorium. Please check the link to the stairs for more information about correct installation. After the lot was built and ready for upload I learned that these stairs might clash with another custom stair (I don't know which). In case you have problems with them or want to avoid possible problems you might want to use other stairs. Personally I love Jeka's modular stairs because they are perfect for a rustic "medieval" look.
Some CC are slaved to master meshes. You need to keep the master files in your download folder for the slaved CC to show up. These are;
Huge Lunatic’s master column required for the other columns and beams to show (included in the lot).
Raynuss’ master sofa from the medieval wood set, or the other items in the medieval wood set will flash blue (included in the lot).
BB nooks and niches master shelf by Buggybooz (not included in the lot but included in the package in the folder named “extra”)
Some recolor’s don’t pack with lots and are included in a separate file named “extra” that is necessary to put in your download’s folder if you want to include these recolors. They are;
Medieval dartboard recolor by Lady Lama
Medieval bedding by Raynuss
Recolor of BuggyBooz nooks and niches by me with a wood texture from a free texture site.
Sims in the pictures have hairs by Almighty Hat and clothes by me. NPCs have Sunni’s default replacements. In the background you can see Sunni’s town wall neighborhood deco and also Sunni’s road replacement.
Some of the interior pictures were taken with PacMani’s camera mod and outdoor pictures were taken with Psychosims deco sky object in the neighborhood.
Lot Size: 6x4
Lot Price (furnished): 79328
Custom Content by Me:
- Gripsholm runestone 179 (150 faces, costs 1000 simoleons)
Custom Content Included:
- Viking ship mesh by Hexameter
- Viking ships, overturned, no sail no shields, no sail by Michelle at MTS
- Walls from, LS Peaceful moments by Kativip
- Bearing, LS peaceful moments by Kativip
- Boats 01 and 02, LS peaceful moments by Kativip
- Grass and water plant from, LS peaceful moments by Kativip
- Oaktowne Classic Extendable Arch by tbudgett
- the Innsmouth Catch of the Day (Super Set) by by BeOsBoxBoy
- BB's Nooks and Niches - Single Bed by darkmoon689
- Fairtent by Brasstex
- Old Fashioned Change Room by Brasstex
- Russian Banya set (Sauna) by Jeka at MTS
- Jeka_LogModularStairs by Jeka WornRecolour by Kalimero
- Columns by HugeLunatic
- 1 Story Half Round Upright colum and recolor by Mustluvcatz
- Birch Tree Shrubby Larger by khakidoo
- Waterfall Matching Rock by Marvine
- uprightloom by Gara
- GR-sculpture06-pileofwool by Gara
- Medieval Counter A Master by motherof70 at PBK
- Lambs 09 and 10, sheep 7 meshes Thunderwitch recolors by Lady Lama
- Meadhall set by Lady Lama at Medieval Smithy Sims
- Chinese Chess mesh by Daislia recolor by Lady Lama at Medieval Smithy Sims
- Outhouse by Nixnivis
- Cauldron stove mesh by Raynuss
- Fireplace Logs with Effects and "Warm Self" Option by Raynuss
- Kitchen fire wood by Raynuss
- Medieval wood clothing chest mesh by Raynuss at Imaging that
- Medieval wood table 3 x 1 mesh by Raynuss at Imaging that
- Medieval wood sofa by Raynuss at Imaging that
- 3x4 Floor Rug mesh by Echo and Windkeeper with dark pelt 4 recolor by The Guild Masters
- Shack walls 4a-4b,1b and 7 by ClstlDrmr83
- Shacks wall by Lethe_s
- Wooden plank wall by Fuglsang
- Invisible Pond by netmicro
- "Pirate Bay Market" Island by K8 at Parsimonious
- Pirate bay window mesh by K8 at Parsimonious recolor by Michelle
- "Pirate Bay" Grey Fence recolor Michelle
- "Imperial" Fence Post Candle Lamp by K8 at Parsimonious
- Decorative Community Pay Phone Cover with rustic recolor by K8 at Parsimonious
- "Eponymous Garden" plants by K8 at Parsimonious
- Torch, curtain for bath room, bathtub, hens, henhouse and sink by Tarox, Site unavailable
- Under ground OMSP and shiftable OMSP 6 by SilentLucidity
- High chair OMSP by Honewwell
- Shack wall Side A and B by Sunni @ PBK
- JustaMedievalDoor by Sunni at PBK
- Clothing rack by Sunni at PBK
- Snack closet by Sunni at PBK
- Sunbleached Thatch by Red Sonja
- Rocks Fence by TheJim07 @ mts2
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?