Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 31st Mar 2017 at 12:05 AM - Updated 4th May 2017 at 10:24 PM by CardTaken - Viewed 41727 times. Direct link to this thread
18 Comments / replies (Who?) , 86 times favourited , 158 times thanked
No longer supported/replaced
You are still welcome to use this mod as you please, but it has been updated/replaced in a major way (so major that I decided to just make a new release post for it). You can find the 'updated'/different version of the mod:
>>> Here <<<
Feature Update, 4/1/17 - Expanded Functionality for Spontaneous Combustion
After spontaneously combusting at least once, Child Sim Sorcerers can now ask an older Sim who is a Sorcerer to do a Flame Containment Spell on them, which protects them from spontaneously combusting for two days.
What is different?
- When your Child Sim Spontaneously Combusts, they will get a 12h Tense buff called "Spontaneous Combustion," hinting that you should try a Containment Spell with someone older.
- If it's the first time your Child Sim has Spontaneously Combusted, they will get a hidden trait added, which will always allow them to see the interaction, "Ask about Flame Containment," provided that the other factors are true. Ask about Flame Containment shows up under Friendly, if: 1) Your Child Sim has Spontaneously Combusted at least once, 2) The Sim you're bringing up the Friendly menu on is a Teen or older, 3) That Teen or older Sim has the Sorcerer Trait, and 4) You don't already have the buff "Combustion Suppression" active on you.
- Ask about Flame Containment causes the older Sim to do a little animation, you (the Child Sim) do a short angry animation, and then the Child Sim gets a 2 Day, +2 Fine buff called Combustion Suppression. While this buff is active, your Child Sim should never Spontaneously Combust (they can still catch on fire, just not from Spontaneous Combustion). If you see something happen to the contrary, please let me know and I'll look into it.
- When Combustion Suppression is added, all Tense, Angry, and Uncomfortable buffs are removed. (This does not apply to buffs that are dependent on something other than time remaining, like the low Hygiene discomfort from being dirty after being on fire.)
- The checks for Spontaneous Combustion going off have been moved around, so that it's more cleanly done. It should still happen with more or less the same frequency, however. The Min/Max numbers on how long to wait are the same.
How do I get this update?
Download the file with "April-1st-2017" in the name and if you already have the mod, use it instead of the prior download. And in case you're wondering, no, despite the odd timing, it's definitely not an april fools joke.
Hey, Triplis here. I've been intrigued by discussions about Sorcery in TS4 and I thought what better way to make something simple and fun than a Sorcerer Trait, with some special interactions.
It of course wasn't at all simple making the interactions I did, as modding always seems to look easier in the idea phase... but I got a few interactions working so far, and I have some deeper feature ideas I'm working on, assuming I can get them working.
Picked up in the Lifestyle category in CAS. "Powers" (so far) can be used by Teen and older. Child Sims can have the trait, but it works differently for them.
Description: These Sims, if you're wondering for the purposes of searching out prospects for a witch hunt, definitely don't have supernatural powers and can do nothing "magical" that other Sims can't.
This is not your typical kind of trait (at least, not so far). Its features are aimed at laying the rough foundations of a life stage's flavor. For this reason, the features listed below are all there is so far. No skill modifiers, whims, that kind of thing.
Teen or older: You get 3 new interactions (they sound so much more cool when calling them "powers" though). The "powers" are as follows:
Warm Self: Click on the ground to access this interaction and then click "Warm Self." It will run for about 10-15 seconds, if uninterrupted, and at the end will spawn a fire at the area where you clicked.
Lull To Sleep: Found under the Mischief category when clicking on another sim. A short animation will play and if the interaction is successful, the sim you used it on will be tranquilized asleep for a while.
Cleanse Self: Click on your Sorcerer sim to access this interaction. It will act like an expedient shower, increasing your Hygiene, and will automatically stop when your Hygiene is full, or when you cancel it, whichever comes first.
Child: You don't have any powers yet, but you may show some signs of powerful magical energy. In the form of, er, spontaneous combustion. Be careful when you're Angry!
Spontaneous Combustion: There's a chance that your Child Sim may spontaneously combust (aka: light on fire) while Angry.
The exact numbers are: Minimum 4 hours initially, maximum 8 hours initially. Then min 6 hours, max 24 hours. Note that it could trigger during a time when your Child Sim is not Angry and therefore would reset its counter without your sim combusting, so the numbers are not going to be an exact expectation. Also note that if your Child Sim has the 24h Tense buff from a recent fire, they can't spontaneously combust, so that's another factor that can delay it from happening.
It's intended to be rare overall, rather than being something you habitually have to deal with.
(I've expanded this feature a bit: See the notes from "Feature Update, 4/1/17")
No known incompatibilities. All files are new and/or use scripts to inject, to avoid needing overrides.
Game Version: 126.96.36.1990
Kuree for S4PE, as always
Zerbu for Mod Constructor and its various useful functionalities
The MTS volunteers who push things through the queue
My hoodie, for being comfortable
Decaffeinated coffee for tasting like coffee without the jitters
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?