Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 9th May 2017 at 3:32 AM - Updated 12th May 2017 at 8:35 AM by SimmyRN - Viewed 32911 times. Direct link to this thread
61 Comments / replies (Who?) , 117 times favourited , 211 times thanked
Love city night life; great cultural, recreational, and educational facilities; high rise apartments; quaint houses in the suburbs; ranches; farms; and all the modern technology your heart could desire? If so, Simburbia's the place for you! Simburbia has it all - and sims will flock to it. But wait, there's a seedy underbelly too - grimy businesses, a criminal element, not so nice houses, a "no tell" motel out by the airport, and Simburbia's own version of Area 51. There's even a rumor that sea monsters lurk beneath the dark water of Simburbia bay. What path will your sim choose in Simburbia - black widow, beach bum, business mogul, mad scientist? Or, something better or worse?
Simburbia is the result of more than 3 years of work in CAW. Simburbia has all community lots from all expansion packs except a Rebel Hangout, Student Union, Cafeteria, Business Park, Wasteland, and Dried Up Beach as most have no functionality outside their associated expansion pack. Riverview Lite was used as the base for Simburbia because I thought it would be quick and easy to add all the expansion pack lots to it for a fully functional, all encompassing neighborhood. I also wanted space for large lots to use Roaring Heights rabbit holes and my "Enchanting" series of suburban houses. Was I wrong! Much terraforming has been done and streets/paths revised. Sea level was raised considerably to make Simburbia water deep enough for dive lots. Routing was completely re-worked. My hope is that players will hardly recognize Riverview as the base for Simburbia. Note: Simburbia is a large world with many objects, plants/trees, and lots! A higher end computer may be required to run it. I have a moderate gaming PC and run Simburbia without problems. The only lag experienced is a few seconds at 3 a.m. and/or 5 a.m. when the game resets NPCs and so forth. ~~SimmyRN
Simburbia consists of a city center, business / entertainment / industrial area, Late Night apartments, several residential areas and suburbs - including a Supernatural area, farms/horse ranches, airport, and harbor.
Simburbia is NOT populated.
There is no Custom Content in Simburbia. (World checked with CUSTARD.)
WPID (world ID) changed to avoid conflict with Riverview world.
176 lots total - 108 Community & 68 Residential
Simburbia Community Lots by Type:
Lots by other creators used with creator's permission and/or according to creator's policy. (Changes or additions noted in parenthesis.) Abbreviations used - RH = Rabbit hole; NVA = No Visitors Allowed.
Simburbia Residential Lots by Size:
Lots by other creators used with creator's permission and/or according to creator's policy. (Changes or additions noted in parenthesis.) Abbreviations used - br = bedroom(s); ba = bathroom(s).
Built with patch 1.67.
simsample unlocking the Food Truck and Parking Space (Post # 3) was very helpful.
Cleaning the Global Layer tutorial by simsample.
Thank you, Winterhart, for these mods: Generations Cars Buyable & Available for Community Lots and Cars for Community Lots.
CyberBob78 for EA\Maxis Mail & Trash Receptacles *Unlocked*.
Creating Dive Lots.
Guide to Houseboats in game & in CAW.
Other - [Tutorial] How to make hidden island.
World Adventures - How to create tombs?, The Sims 3 Tomb Creation Guide How to Build a Tomb in World Adventures, and The Sims 3: World Adventures Building Tombs.
Tutorial Changing out the WPID File by auntielynds.
MTS modders for CAW Resources.
Thank you so very much to attuned and Vincent T. for play testing and feedback for Simburbia
Thank you to HugeLunatic for "cleaning up" my feedback thread for upload. It saved me so much work
For those who prefer a single file, Sims File Share link.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: