Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 13th Feb 2016 at 6:04 PM - Viewed 11970 times. Direct link to this thread
18 Comments / replies (Who?) , 20 times favourited , 53 times thanked
The project is on GitHub: https://github.com/djalex88/blender-gmdc/. The purpose of this project is to create a GMDC exporter for a free open-source yet powerful 3D modelling software, Blender.
This tool works on Blender 2.49b. For the latest version of Blender it will be available soon (maybe).
It can import/export rigging data, morphs, as well as bounding geometry.
Morphs are imported/exported as shape keys.
Blender uses vertex groups to assign bone influences. The importer names vertex groups so that a name includes bone index (after '#' symbol). Then the exporter uses this indices. Therefore, it is important not to rename vertex groups.
Also, this tool can export only one UV layer. Some meshes have more than one UV layers, particularly, faces. If you export face mesh, then your character's eyes won't be moving. However, this issue may be overcome by using a simple python script (contact me).
1. Download and install Blender2.49b (https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.49b/)
2. Unpack files into Blender's scripts directory, for example, "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\".
Note. Tested only with objects from TS2, EP1, EP2, EP3.
Hope, you find it useful.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?