Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 14th Mar 2015 at 12:26 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2015 at 12:08 AM by MissRosehip : Fixed some errors in the package - Viewed 27998 times. Direct link to this thread
68 Comments / replies (Who?) , 201 times favourited , 660 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
| UPDATE 2015-03-20
| Baby Pink and Black colors didn't show up ingame. It should be fixed now. Please tell me in the comment section if there's still any problems!
| UPDATE 2015-03-19
| By the recommendation of Arsil, I removed some unnecessary files from the package and compressed the texture, which resulted in a much smaller package size.
| No worries, it still looks the same, and if you've downloaded the flowers earlier, all you have to do is replace the package file(s). This will save you some space on your harddrive.
| I've also made a package file containing all the colors and sizes. Someone requested that in the comment section before; it wasn't possible since the file size limit is 50MB.
| Now it is!
| UPDATE 2015-03-17
| Added a black recolor by request. Went ahead and made three blue
| recolors too. I know blue tulips don't exist in reality, so it looks kinda
| weird, but maybe someone will like it anyways.
These tulips are (almost) completely custom made by me.
They are "real" plants, and copied from the base games heather, which also means they
are NOT 3D objects, but a flat image of the tulips, that always faces the player, just like the heather does.
I still think they look lovely though. :D
I've used these in CAW too, and they group together just like any other plant.
There are 15 colors and two different sizes and they show up in the flowers category in game, for the price of 20 simoleons.
Since it's not an object like a chair or a table, these are not recolor-able through Create-A-Style Tool.
You are welcome to do as you please with these. No need to ask permission or such. I'm only glad if people find these useful.
There is no polygon count that I can find within the .spt file, so I'll just copy what the Speedtree program says.
Triangles: Branches(8) Leaves(218) Fronds(0) Billboards(0) Total(226) <-Large Tulip Field
Triangles: Branches(8) Leaves(60) Fronds(0) Billboards(0) Total(68) <- Small Tulip Field
Since they are basically 2D images I can't imagine it would take a toll on the computer rendering, but I'd be glad to receive feedback on this.
The hedges in the screenshot is from LunaSims
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: