Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 18th Aug 2014 at 1:39 PM - Viewed 17295 times. Direct link to this thread
9 Comments / replies (Who?) , 55 times favourited , 182 times thanked
Tags: #toddler, #toddler clothes, #toddler outfits, #toddler gown, #toddler costume, #base game conversion
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
For some reason, I almost never use the costumes in Generations on my child sims, but I thought they might be cute for toddlers, so I decided to attempt a conversion of a couple of them. It came out okay. :D
Both outfits are fully animated and work with a crawling or walking toddler. Both have some issues that are related to bone assignments. The dress will substantially sink under the floor if your toddler crawls, and your toddler's arms will go through the dress while they are sitting on the floor. The dino tail and knees will also sink into the floor if your toddler sits to play with a toy.
I also noticed while testing the dress that the toddler's index fingers are slightly warped and that the ankles leave a bit of a hole in the dress if you are looking at the toddler from behind. I wasn't entirely sure if moving body parts around to compensate was a great idea, but if I find a way to resolve the issues, I'll reupload.
The Dino Outfit is found in everyday, sleepwear, and outerwear. The Princess Gown is found in everyday and formal. Both are valid for random Sims.
LOD1 2592 polygons, 1730 vertices
LOD2 1210 polygons, 1100 vertices
LOD3 602 polygons, 539 vertices
LOD0 924 polygons, 666 vertices
LOD1 498 polygons, 434 vertices
LOD2 250 polygons, 278 vertices
LOD3 150 polygons, 205 vertices
LOD1 3565 polygons, 2574 vertices
LOD2 1704 polygons, 1539 vertices
LOD3 801 polygons, 881 vertices
Many thanks are due to CMarNYC, for the wonderful Mesh Toolkit that makes work like this possible, and as always, everyone who takes time to look and support. Thank you!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
#toddler, #toddler clothes, #toddler outfits, #toddler gown, #toddler costume, #base game conversion