Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 10th Nov 2013 at 7:36 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2013 at 11:57 PM by mustluvcatz - Viewed 84886 times. Direct link to this thread
112 Comments / replies (Who?) , 465 times favourited , 1443 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
When I was growing up, I would've loved to have a treehouse. Sadly none of our trees were big enough since they were planted when I was in grade school. Fast forward.. uh.. a lot of years and I found myself wishing my little sims could have a treehouse. Since we don't have to wait for trees to grow in the Sims I decided to see what I could do about that. I started by editing the birch tree from the game, which was going ok-ish when I saw this tree by misty fluff on her tumblr. Since she has a very open TOU, I quickly snagged that cute little mesh and did a bit of editing to make this decorative tree - which worked fine and I've happily used it since then. Then I got a message a few days ago from Raynuss saying he edited my tree and wanted to know if I wanted it to offer as an alternative. A real tree? That changes with the seasons if you have Seasons? Absolutely. So- with his permission, here is that tree.
1) Place the tree on a lot - make sure you don't place it too close to the edge of the lot. You need to leave room to add the walls and roof without getting the "location out of bounds" message.
2) Place columns around the tree - I use 4 - so you'll get the gridlines and can place flooring.
3) Place flooring of choice, add walls, windows and a door if you'd like. (In my example pic there's a little porch so I added an arch, although it could've been a door. )
4) Now- since your sims need a way to get up into the treehouse, you'll need to add some sort of staircase or ladder. Since a staircase would look a bit silly, I went with Marvine's animated ladder. I would recommend using her ladder as it works well, takes up little space AND doesn't look out of place!
5) Decorate the interior any way you'd like, just be sure to keep objects along the walls. You don't want your sims stomping and complaining that they can't move around in it!
6) Optional - remove the columns. You don't really need them.
The best size for the treehouse is 3x4 or 3x3. It's tiny, yes- but you can put a lot more than you might think in that little house. It IS meant to be a playhouse, after all. If you make it a bit bigger, the tree will stick through the walls quite a bit- but that just might be ok, since it's a house in a tree, lol.
Note about placing the ladder (or stairs, if you insist) - you'll need to place it on a tile so the tree itself doesn't cut through the ladder. If it does, your sims might not be able to climb it.
The tree can be found in Build Mode>Gardening>Trees and costs 396 Simoleons.
The download does not contain the treehouse, just the tree! But it's very, very easy to build the treehouse itself. There are pics in the download showing how I build the treehouse.
While the tree is base game compatible, if you don't have Seasons ONLY the summer state will show. If you do have Seasons, it will change with the seasons.
Many thanks (and much credit) to misty fluff and Raynuss. Without her conversion, there wouldn't be a treehouse tree. Without his edits of my tree, this awesome seasonal tree wouldn't exist!
6145 - over 9 tiles - high poly yes, but better than the original 10,000 plus.
MilkShape, PhotoShop CS2,
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?