Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 17th Oct 2013 at 4:42 AM - Updated 17th Oct 2013 at 11:01 AM by spladoum - Viewed 59448 times. Direct link to this thread
30 Comments / replies (Who?) , 144 times favourited , 372 times thanked
Tags: #pose, #poses, #baby pose, #baby poses, #infant pose, #infant poses, #newborn pose, #newborn poses, #family pose, #family poses, #baby bottle, #bundle of joy
STOP.Before you download this pose set, go get the latest Pose Player, by cmomoney. You MUST have the Pose Player from 8/22/2013 in your game to use infant poses. If you don't get the newest Pose Player, the baby's poses WON'T work, and when you post a sad post asking me why they don't work, I will sheepishly shrug and start humming out-of-key and not actually answer your question. So please just get it, and save us both some time!
*compatible with the Pose List feature in Pose Player!*
So some of you probably recognize that male and female sim from some of my ... other ... pose sets. Rosalind has been in-game pregnant for ... oh, about a RL 18 months now. I finally sucked it up and decided to let her give birth, and in usual Simmy fashion, neither she nor her husband is capable of leaving the baby alone for any length of time. With the advent of the baby footies and the awesome baby posing functionality of the newest Pose Player, I decided to make them some poses to commemorate the birth of their first child. (Plus, anything that makes the baby lifespan worth paying attention to is a good thing, says I!)
Pose tags are as follows:
a_splad_bundleofjoy1a -- holding a baby. (Use either wrapped or unwrapped.)
a_splad_bundleofjoy1b -- looking at baby.
b_splad_bundleofjoy1c -- baby pose.
a_splad_bundleofjoy2a -- holding a baby on its stomach. (Unwrapped baby suggested.)
b_splad_bundleofjoy2b -- sleeping.
a_splad_bundleofjoy3a -- playing with baby on lap. (Use either wrapped or unwrapped.)
b_splad_bundleofjoy3b -- playing.
a_splad_bundleofjoy4a -- feeding baby with bottle. (Wrapped baby suggested.)
b_splad_bundleofjoy4b -- being fed.
a_splad_bundleofjoy5a -- holding unwrapped baby over shoulder.
a_splad_bundleofjoy5b -- holding wrapped baby over shoulder.
b_splad_bundleofjoy5c -- sleeping.
The "wrapped" and "unwrapped" suggestions are just that, suggestions. The baby will still pose regardless of what the baby is wearing.
The baby's bottle is made from the in-game bottle and cloned from a base-game bracelet. It is available for men and women, teen-elder. The baby will float if you try to use these poses with a teenager, but an OMSP could probably take care of that. If you'd like to use or modify the bottle for your own poses, feel free.
Issues to note/FAQs:
Where did you get the baby's feet/clothes?
Baby's footies are available here, by Quizical Gin. Baby's skully is available here.
Can I use these with patch x.Xx?
... as far as I know, you can. Just make sure you have the very latest Pose Player (the one from August 22, 2013), or your baby won't be able to pose.
Why doesn't the baby get full from the bottle?
It's an accessory, and it won't fulfill the hunger motive. You'll need a real bottle for that.
And as always, you will have to use "moveobjects on" to place the sims in proper position. Depending on your sim's clothes/muscle tone, you may also need to use the "alt" button to slide the baby around a little. Once you cancel the pose, your baby will end up stuck under the couch or chair. Just don't forget to get them out from under there!
OrangeMittens for the excellent "Creating Your Own Custom Poses" tutorial, and helping me get started on this project to begin with!
Cmomoney for the incredible Pose Player
WesHowe for the AnimTool
Mesher for the AM/AF rigs
A for the baby rig
Inge Jones for and the rest of the Sims community at large for assistance and encouragement.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a Custom Pose or Animation
This download is a custom pose or animation. This means that you will need the Pose Player or Animation Player mod by cmomoney installed in order to use the download in your game.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
#pose, #poses, #baby pose, #baby poses, #infant pose, #infant poses, #newborn pose, #newborn poses, #family pose, #family poses, #baby bottle, #bundle of joy