Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 6th Sep 2013 at 10:51 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:41 PM by Nysha - Viewed 21370 times. Direct link to this thread
4 Comments / replies (Who?) , 17 times favourited , 84 times thanked
This is my attempt on uploading something to programs/utilities section of the site.
A new simlish font, based on Courier new, modeled by carefully eying the Immajer-simlish by inkandchaos.
Below comparison with Courier New should help you solve the Greetings on top!
I made most basic characters, along with some things I wanted to add, like the German ü and ß, as well as the å, ä, and ö that are a part of Finnish (and some other) language.
The font's base size is unfortunately small, but it should be readable from 20pt and up. I used 48pt on my font versus the 24pt Courier new, on the pic above, I think.
How to install?
Download the file and unpack it (or just open the up)
Double click on the Finnlish simlish.ttf
Hit on install button that should pop up with the preview.
Made and tested in Windows 7. I have no doubt it wouldn't work on other Windows OS's, have been told it works on MAC, and have no idea if it works on Linux (suppose it does). :D
- Adobe Illustrator
for making and testing
- MS Office
Lee, for the name, advices and testing, thanks!
My kid, for being at school and out playing the whole day, so I had peaceful time to do this and cuss my **** off!
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: