Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 18th Jun 2013 at 6:00 PM - Updated 23rd Jun 2013 at 2:38 PM by bakafox - Viewed 118923 times. Direct link to this thread
108 Comments / replies (Who?) , 261 times favourited , 728 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Requires Patch 1.50 and PETS expansion
(Note: There have been some successful loads of the world even without pets by some testers of mine, but objects, plants, and rabbitholes are missing and need replacing by those people, and the files are completely unsupported for those without Pets. Also! You do NOT need to own Aurora Skies.)
People who are trying to unzip this and getting error messages about file corrupted/etc., or have never opened a multipart file before, PLEASE be sure you've gone over the multi-part-download instructions at http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ulti-part_files - Most of the time these errors are because your extraction program is being fussy about how you rename files! These files are NOT corrupted, as evidenced by all the people who are having no problem with them! Also, if you're experiencing wonky game play, please be sure all your mods are up to date since so far every complaint has been traced to other mods broken with the 1.55 patch! Thank you!
Fharhond Glacier is only one feature of the island, but being one of the main features- the other being Fharhond Mountain- the entire island is generally known by the name. In the far north, just short of the arctic circle, it's an isolated little place, out of sight of the oil derricks and fishing fleets, home to a few hardy souls and a research station. It has almost more amenities than it needs- though people do come in from other, smaller islands, as well as perhaps those oil derricks, so the businesses manage to squeak along.
The island is windswept, and almost just tundra and rock, though some trees survive, and people have planted hardy ones around the town to help keep the ocean gales softened at least a little. Despite these harsh conditions, there is wildlife, and while other areas may have moose or bears that wander the downtown streets, Fahrhond has the ocassional wild horse trot past bemused townsfolk.
(Lots detailed in Comments section!)
No custom content required for download by players
Contains, with permission, houses by Armiel, and Qbuilderz:
Life in a Nutshell
Peace of the Forest (CC removed)
Tiny Blue Cottage
Uses paintings in gallery (so can undoubtedly be done without) from the FREE EA sets:
The Sims Celebrations
No Sims included
20 total residential lots (11 prebuilt lots, including 3 starters for single Sims, others may work as starters for larger families). There is very little space to place other lots, other than small ones on the ice, without removing and rearranging current lots.
Map Size: Small
The steep cliffs and most of the mountain, as well as the taller glacier bits are unrouteable. I tried to make most of the flatter, or gentler sloped parts routed for Sims as seemed logical- there are a couple of hidden little trails and valleys that Sims can route to on the mountain as well.
**spawners listed here are ones OUTSIDE of lots)
Huge thank yous to everyone on the MTS CAW forums, especially SimSample and Atavera for helping sort out how exactly CAW works and how to unlock its potential, and sharing this information
Auntielynds for sharing the resource files for the sky and lighting from Aurora Skies, which I used, as well as the textures for the roads
Martine , for her CAW textures pack
Ashillon for some of the rock textures
HystericalParoxysm for more of the rock textures
Simsimillan for his matching sidewalk tile textures which I tweaked the color on and used
Inge and Peter Jones for S3PE
Armiel and Qbuilderz for letting me use their lots in my worlds
And all the folks in the MTS Create channel for their constant support and feedback, especially PharoahHound this time around, for getting me to FINALLY do a world with a limited number of EP's so hopefully more people can have fun with it-- and Heaven and HugeLunatic who helped me get the thread figured out for posting. <3
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: