Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 20th Oct 2012 at 3:40 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:44 PM by Nysha - Viewed 53781 times. Direct link to this thread
18 Comments / replies (Who?) , 28 times favourited , 206 times thanked
This is a tool primarily for script and object modders to make it easier to manage the STBL files that provide translations. It can also be used by mod users to make translations for their own personal use, and by creators/users to provide an easy way to contribute translations for a mod and load them into the mod package.
List of functions:
There's a tutorial here with detailed instructions and screenshots: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=488489
This needs more extensive testing, so please be a little careful when using it - make a of your package first and/or save it as a new package. Please report any problems. Reasonable suggestions for enhancements are welcome.
Runs on Windows using .NET 3.5. May run on Mac and Linux using Wine or Mono.
Unzip the files to a folder, and run EasySTBLmanager.exe.
Peter and Inge Jones for the s3pi library which saved me a load of time and effort, and for answering my still-can't-wrap-my-head-around-interfaces questions.
Twallan for the idea of importing translations in xml.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: