Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 14th Feb 2012 at 6:14 AM - Updated 12th Mar 2013 at 2:59 PM by Dorsal Axe - Viewed 65781 times. Direct link to this thread
33 Comments / replies (Who?) , 126 times favourited , 756 times thanked
Tags: #laundry, #laundromat, #laundrette, #wash, #clean, #clothes, #community, #lot, #assignment, #blue, #bubble, #bubbles, #modern
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Presenting Blue Bubble Laundry, a 25x20 laundromat. Let me warn you now, there's a lot of blue (and white)!
As you can see, I wasn't kidding about the blue. I decided to build it because I don't really like the laundromat that came with Town Life Stuff (the only one EA has ever given us!), since it's ridiculously huge with lots of empty space and has a bizzare design.
I wanted something that I could just dump into the neighbourhood that also actually feels like it could be a real commercial building, but also wanted to try my hand at building something a bit more modern, since I never usually build in that style. I don't think it turned out too bad.
The lot comes with 6 Washing Machines and 6 Dryers, as well as chairs, several sinks and some mostly functionless counters and hampers. Outside are two spring riders for kids, and some benches. Segregated toilets are also provided. Parking is ample, and bike racks are also available. The lot has been playtested in multiple worlds, and functions perfectly. It does seem to attract a lot of sims for some reason though... (unlike my other laundromats, which tend to be ghost towns), but that's a good thing.
The lot features no custom content or store objects whatsoever.
This lot requires the Town Life Stuff Pack. A window and some decorations from Ambitions are also used, as well as two arcade cabinets from Late Night. However the lot will still function without those two expansion packs, if you're so inclined work it that way.
Lot size: 25x20
Furnished price: §37,675
Unfurnished price: §5,249
Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price: 37,675
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 6.5.1
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
#laundry, #laundromat, #laundrette, #wash, #clean, #clothes, #community, #lot, #assignment, #blue, #bubble, #bubbles, #modern