Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 21st Feb 2012 at 7:11 AM - Updated 21st Feb 2013 at 9:17 AM by Pyronium3 - Viewed 474506 times. Direct link to this thread
377 Comments / replies (Who?) , 737 times favourited , 2878 times thanked
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Many would think Egypt is a place of relics and ancient history, but these days you'll find that there's more than antiquity. A modern paradise has risen from the sands. With the use of state of the art technology and the funding of the richest Sims, Setra was founded. Among the ancient pyramids of old now lies a modern settlement, welcoming all who are drawn to its gleam.
A large desert world, Setra combines the features of Late Night with the aspects of suburban life. Exotic and exciting, it should offer something for every simmer out there.
Performance has been optimized as much as possible, but because it's a large and complex world it's quite likely that you'll need a decent PC to run it (though fluidly is probably out of the question. The Sims seems to run worse with every expansion and at this point I can't run Setra without some form of lag either). I personally recommend at least 4 GB of RAM memory.
All lots are made, and fully decorated, especially for this world by yours truly. Each and every lot has a description and in case of residential lots their names specify the number of bed- and bathrooms.
Setra is fully populated with both sims and pets - all original creations by me. Most sims have careers and skillpoints, some of them have relationships with other sims in town. There's also celebrities and vampires. Each household has a little description to give them a small story.
None! All you need are the required expansion packs. This means there is no custom content, no store content and no stuff pack content.
There are, however, some custom resources attached to the world. These are custom ini files and altered textures. You don't need to do anything special to get these working, they're included in the world file and only apply to Setra.
List of custom resources:
Files for initial flyover and heatwave + misc stuff.
File to assign the city status.
The Mendez family seems to be corrupt. They function just fine as a NPC family, but when you try to switch to their household the game gets stuck with no interface and you're forced to quit the Sims. I believe it's because of the horses, which seem to get corrupted by CAW upon saving. A work-around is to either not play them, or to use 'testingcheatsenabled true' and shift-click on the horses + Object>Delete. When you've deleted the horses that way the family should become playable.
Thanks to Armiel and Simsample for this, I borrowed it from their threads.
If extracting won't work, try renaming each file to 1,2,3... etc. If for some reason this doesn't work for you, or you're too lazy to go through this process (Don't lie!) you can also download it through the exchange.
Thanks to everyone who helped me test the world.
Thanks to Twallan for this MasterController, DebugEnabler and Porter mods.
Thanks to kiwi_tea for his population tutorial here.
Thanks to Simsample and the other people in this thread for figuring out how to mark a world as a city.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: