Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 10th Oct 2011 at 10:44 AM - Updated 2nd Jun 2014 at 2:34 PM by Miuki : making install instructions more clear - Viewed 145556 times. Direct link to this thread
171 Comments / replies (Who?) , 208 times favourited , 1006 times thanked
Aspen Islands are situated far from Sunset Valley shores, it is a group of four islands with moderate climate and abundance of aspen and birch trees. They were first inhabited at the beginning of the 20th century. Most dwellers were fishermen and retired sailors, as island's waters had plenty of fish and its sloping banks enough taverns and beaches. Originally, only one island of four was colonized, its lands supplied sims with enough produce and fish. With the inflow of new residents new islands had to be occupied, thus the industrial and later suburbian part of the isles were connected to main one with bridges and roads. Today it is a balanced and peaceful community with laidback style of life.
COMMUNITY LOTS FOR PETS AND GENERATIONS - GET THEM HERE
THE LATEST LATEST VERSION OF ASPEN ISLANDS WITH CONTENT FROM ALL EP'S (EXCEPT IF) CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE .
NOTES AND KNOWN ISSUES
CREDITS AND THANKS
This world would've never been uploaded without your help, feedback and encouragement - Gabrymato, Zandvoort, Deluxe Designs, SimmyRN, kattenijin, Nightlight, Mr.Fry, Demagog, simsample, Bchbch Walk, rian90, Miko09, kiwi_tea, Linarina, Rileyjcquinn, Myshia, hudy777DeSign, Lennon7777777, scoopy_loopy, Dasila, SommarBlomma, RylandHomes, lorenrose1013, jedi_waffle.
A huge thanks to simsample for tutorials and Various Objects Enabled for CAW , Ashillion for custom roads and Martine for wonderful terrain textures.
All MTS world creators and builders - for inspiration and tutorials.
MTS - for being such a great site.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: