Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 23rd Jan 2011 at 7:11 PM - Updated 28th Jul 2011 at 12:35 PM by frizelbliz : Added some additional credits. - Viewed 181875 times. Direct link to this thread
91 Comments / replies (Who?) , 463 times favourited , 2839 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
I do like the short skirt and stompy boots look, but after 4 or 5 Sims it started to get old. When I sent my really-not-a-skirts-person girl to the dresser to find something else to combine with her snazzy boots -gasp- there was nothing. All the pants were clipping through the boots.
So I made a pair of skin-tight jeans for the poor girl. Then I felt sorry for her husband because he could never wear stompy boots, refusing to pair them with some tacky shorts.
In the end, it wasn't that hard to refit the jeans for every age. Yes, even the toddlers get some. Not because I like to play fashion crazy mums who dress their toddlers in clothes that they are not allowed to splash around in mud in, but for the sake of completeness.
Let's see what you'll get:
Elder Men's legs might look, um, really skinny. Make the poor guys gain some weight!
Teen and Child pictures are attached below.
Please note that these jeans will not be tucked into skin-tight boots, only into 3D boots. That's because of how the part masks are layered, or this is at least how I understand it. But I made some nice bottom seams, so that looks okay, too.
Stuff pictured you might want:
Elder Female Boots by Parsimonious
Adult Male and Female Boots by Sentate
Teen Girl Boots from the Store
Child and Toddler Boots by aikea_guinea
Teen Girl Top by Lilisims
Daluved1 for the Mask Editing and Base Texture Tutorials
Everyone in this thread who tried to sort out the skin-tight boots thing for me. We might get this to work, eventually. Maybe. xD
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: