Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 16th Dec 2010 at 7:27 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2012 at 5:37 PM by granthes : Updated link to Tipsy OMSP - Viewed 752210 times. Direct link to this thread
389 Comments / replies (Who?) , 1505 times favourited , 6582 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Updated for Patch 1.26 / Pets EP Will work with pre-pets patches as well.
Newshoes has created a tipsy add-on for the OMSP that is available in the thread Tipsy OMSP A great add-on to allow objects to lay over on their sides when placed on the OMSP. Very Cool Stuff(tm)!
Have you ever wanted to place an object somewhere in your house, and just couldn't make it fit?
What you need is an OMSP -- A One More Slot Package object
This allows you to place objects on the OMSP during buy mode. Then when you switch to play mode, the OMSP becomes invisible.
It appears in the Surfaces --> Misc.
To use the object, place it on the floor. It will appear as a red/white checkered object. Next, move it up/down using the menus.
To activate the menu hold Shift + Ctrl and Click on the object.
Next place the object of your choice on top of the OMSP. It helps to move the camera to where you are looking nearly straight down at the floor.
Now, you can move and rotate the OMSP to place the object where you want it to appear. Holding ALT down while dragging or rotating allows you to move it off of the grid.
20 Dec 2010 -- Added non-English string tables
21 Dec 2010 -- Fixed corrupted strings
23 Jan 2011 -- Added French and German Translations
Note to translators.... This Mod uses fairly simple text entries. If you wish to contribute a translation, please feel free to PM me.
There are several potential issues with this object.
1) Currently it cannot detect if you try to move it below the floor, or above the ceiling! If you do so, it will disappear from sight.
2) Large Kitchen appliances do not work on the OMSP. They fall back to floor level as soon as you place them.
3) Placing a SIM on the OMSP works, but DO NOT allow them to step off. They will fall off the world and you will have to teleport them back.
4) It may be necessary to turn the MoveObjects cheat to On to place some items.
This is a totally new object. It should co-exist with any other custom content.
This object was created by granthes for the community.
Feel free to include it in any lots that you upload.
There really isn't any reason to recolor the object, since it is invisible in play mode.
Please don't claim this as your own creation, give credit back where it belongs.
Vertices = 68, Polygons = 29
I would like to thank the usual suspects for their tools and knowledge: Inge and Peter Jones for s3oc, s3pc, etc. and help with using them.
Thanks to Jynx for help with the mesh.
Also, thanks go to orangemittens, sunhair for the inspiration for this project and to Scratch, Inge, Shivar, Srikandi and ingeli for help with testing.
Translations by ninoo and Killc*a
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: