Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 27th Nov 2010 at 6:37 PM - Updated 10th Jul 2011 at 10:43 AM by Astraea Nevermore - Viewed 76067 times. Direct link to this thread
28 Comments / replies (Who?) , 182 times favourited , 1264 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
I always wondered why Maxis gave us normal gloves, long gloves, leather/biker fingerless gloves... but not some simple fingerless gloves. So, here we go: this time I bring you some fingerless gloves for your sims =)
Not terribly fancy, just perfect for every occasion
For your more "alternative" sims, you can even decide to just give them only one glove: in the package, infact, you will get a basic design with the two normal fingerless gloves, plus two more recolours, one with the right glove only and one with the left glove only (see additional pictures below to have an idea on how they look in game).
This is how the CAS thumbnails will look:
The first thumbnail shows the "two gloves", the second one (the apparently bare hand) is the "right only" glove and the last one is the "left only" glove. Default colours are black (two gloves), red (right glove) and blue (left glove), but you can obviously recolour and re-pattern them as you like =)
The gloves are for both males and females, from teen to elder. They will appear under Everyday, Formal and Athletic categories.
Happy simming :D
-Francine (female model) by me... not available (yet)
-Alice Cooper sim by me
-Phil (teen model) by me
-Hair on Francine by Skeletal Screams
-Alice Cooper shirt by me
-Harley Davidson shirt by me
-Spiked bracelets by Aikea Guinea
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: