Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 5th Apr 2010 at 3:04 PM - Viewed 23860 times. Direct link to this thread
8 Comments / replies (Who?) , 22 times favourited , 198 times thanked
Tags: #medieval challenge, #simlish, #font, #text, #rennaisance, #creator, #challenge, #theme, #the, #sims, #3, #2, #ts2, #ts3, #old, #castle, #ancient, #inkwell, #calligraphy, #print
So say you wanted to make a bunch of Medieval posters or wall hangings, or default replacement textures, but you wanted it to be in simlish, well the simlish text out there now doesn't really seem to match up with the true Medieval, so I decided to make some brand new simlish fonts! Even though this is in The Sims 3 area of the downloads section, you can still use it in The Sims 2! I've used This Download to compare to real simlish. I wanted to try something new, as Delphy suggested in the Creator Challenge thread, so I hope you all enjoy my first font!
Any font you will ever download goes in this directory in windows:
In Mac OS X the Installation is like this:
In Mac OS X, you can install fonts at any time without restarting your computer, but they may not be available in running applications until you restart those applications. To install fonts:
1. Expand any compressed fonts packages.
2. Double-click the icon of the font file you want to install. The Font Book will open and display the font so you can preview it.
3. By default, the application installs the font in the Library folder of your home directory, making it available only to you. To make it available to all users on the computer, from the Font Book menu, select Preferences... , and then change the "Default Install Location:" from User to Computer.
4. Click Install Font.
High Logic Font Creator
SIMale at insimenator.org (for comparison)
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
#medieval challenge, #simlish, #font, #text, #rennaisance, #creator, #challenge, #theme, #the, #sims, #3, #2, #ts2, #ts3, #old, #castle, #ancient, #inkwell, #calligraphy, #print
The creator also recommends you check the following: