Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 27th Dec 2009 at 11:23 PM - Updated 22nd Nov 2011 at 10:56 PM by Delphy - Viewed 1185501 times. Direct link to this thread
776 Comments / replies (Who?) , 331 times favourited , 6571 times thanked
ATTENTION - This tool is NO LONGER UPDATED!
If you want to install a framework to your Ambitions, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living or Generations, just download this file: http://chii.modthesims2.com/FrameworkSetup.zip and extract it to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Thats it. Next time you load the game you wont see the intro - if you do, then you screwed something up.
For more help, please see http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files
I will no longer be offering support for this tool and it is now deprecated!
What does this tool do?
This tool is a replacement for the Sims 3 Framework installer part of the Helper Monkey program. It only checks and sets up the Framework to enable you to use .package file custom content with your TS3 games. It does not in any way help you to actually install that content. It is only a framework installer.
Why should I use this instead of the Helper Monkey?
Well, firstly, this program should work with all levels of UAC, and all versions of Windows (sorry, no OSX). Secondly, it has additional checking of the framework install paths that is not in the Monkey, and lastly, it has support for World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff and the new style mods folder in Ambitions.
What do I need to use this?
You need .NET framework 2.0, and the file, plus or to extract it.
How do I use this?
- Download the file to your desktop.
- Extract the to its own folder using or - Run the FrameworkInstaller.exe
- You should see something like this:
If you don't see it, make sure you have .NET 2.0 installed and you aren't just trying to double click the EXE from within the rar, and you have extracted everything.
Just click Install and it should install everything ok. If not, the problem files will be highlighted in Red and you will (probably) get an error message.
How do I install my custom content using this?
You don't. This is ONLY for installing the framework. If you need help installing your custom content, please read Sims_3:Installing_Package_Fileswiki
Does this work with Ambitions?
Yes, it goes.
I get an error!
Please post a screenshot and the log file of the error. The log file may be found in the same folder as the FrameworkInstaller.exe and is called "messages.log".
Note that this program is still in testing and thus, errors might occur. It has been tested on Windows 7 x64, Windows XP 32bit and Windows Vista 32bit.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: