Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 24th Aug 2009 at 8:43 PM - Updated 15th Apr 2014 at 4:22 PM by HugeLunatic - Viewed 119167 times. Direct link to this thread
37 Comments / replies (Who?) , 189 times favourited , 2688 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
After a recent post I realized that I had other modular stairs that I had made recolorable, only they hadn't made it out of my downloads folder. These are all stairs I really like the style of, just not so much the color. This is a variety download of four different modular stairs from different EPs made recolorable. No script is required, they will override the current stairs.
Each stair has an added BHAV so that the first tile under the top step can be used by Sims, so you can place a door there that would be hidden.
Base Game. Includes the beach white recolor and the fence.
UNI Indestructible Concrete Stairs
OFB Euro Stairs
The White stairs are the recolorable ones Ignore my failed M&G recolor
OFB Storybook Stairs
The Purple stairs are the recolorable ones
* Place in your downloads folder. There is no need for a script file since this is overriding the original steps.
* To remove and have the default non-recolorable stairs back just delete my file from your downloads folder.
* Place stairs normally
* Use Recolor tool to recolor individual stairs - if having difficulty with 2nd step, go down one floor.
* In Object Workshop, select Open, select my mesh, then select Recolor.
All Polys are the same as the original ones.
Chic Fence Rail/Diag Rail - 1784
Stairs - 96 (step only) -1006 (step w/two rails) These vary based on the step/rail combination used.
[Recolorable] - Maxis Modular Stairs - II
[Recolorable] - Maxis Modular Stairs - III
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
Need more information?
There are 3 recolours of this mesh on MTS2:
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by this mesh creator.