Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM - Updated 26th Jul 2009 at 7:22 PM by Snaitf - Viewed 71267 times. Direct link to this thread
39 Comments / replies (Who?) , 73 times favourited , 1388 times thanked
Tags: #bugs, #insects, #butterflies, #butterfly, #spawner, #collecting, #hunting, #Snaitf, #object, #build
Now your sims can collect insects at home!
Simply go into Build mode and find all the butterfly and beetle spawners under the 'Rocks' category (there are no miscellaneous or insect categories, so I simply chose rocks.) And place them wherever you like.
When these are placed, they are placed underground. So if after placing a spawner, you decide you no longer want it, you can dig a deep pond underneath it, then move your pointer around until you find it. Then you can move/delete it. But they are still invisible, so you'll have to remember where you placed them.
The titles are a little vague. Each spawner is labeled differently. Some clarify as to which insects will spawn, but some simply say "low", "med", "high, or "epic". I'm ASSUMING that low=common, med=uncommon, high=rare and epic=extraordinarily unusual, but this has not been proven.
For a list of rarities, click here.
They are free to place.
They do NOT replace any original content, I simply created a clone of each spawner and enabled them in build mode under the rocks category.
The spawners run on a timer, so once placed it may take a few sim days for them to show up. The timer seems to reset after catching/collecting them.
I've tested these and found no problems, but if you find something I haven't, please let me know.
Thanks to Srikandi for ideas, testing, carifications, etc.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
#bugs, #insects, #butterflies, #butterfly, #spawner, #collecting, #hunting, #Snaitf, #object, #build